Poll: How do you handle local holidays when your clients are working?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
Sep 8

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "How do you handle local holidays when your clients are working?".

View the poll results »



 
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 12:00
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
N/A Sep 8

Until now, it has mainly depended on my workload! So, sometimes I do observe local holidays, others I don’t. There are two exceptions: Christmas (famille oblige) and the 1st May (Labour Day in Portugal).

Gregor Trebec
Ines Radionovas-Lagoutte, PhD
 
Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Njemačka
Local time: 13:00
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
It depends Sep 8

If I happen to be on vacation, I won't work at all. Otherwise I would handle only urgent tasks due to personal plans, e. g. a get-together or other festivities.

Christine Andersen
 
Bora Taşdemir
Bora Taşdemir  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:00
Member (2012)
English to Turkish
+ ...
I have my own holidays... Sep 8

I never go on a vacation on local holidays, I always choose a separate time to go offline to unwind. It's much better, because I dislike any kind of crowded scenarios.

Christine Andersen
Hideki Yoshida
 
Gregor Trebec
Gregor Trebec
Slovenija
Local time: 13:00
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Well... Sep 8

You got to do, what you got to do.

 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How do you handle local holidays when your clients are working?






LinguaCore
AI Translation at Your Fingertips

The underlying LLM technology of LinguaCore offers AI translations of unprecedented quality. Quick and simple. Add a human linguistic review at the end for expert-level quality at a fraction of the cost and time.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »