Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 02:06
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Mar 1, 2008

G'day everyone

I see the Linux people are posting a lot of press releases in the ProZ.com forums. Well, I don't mind reading translation related news, but it would be nice if this could be held in a separate forum. The difficulty with a press release is that it borders on advertising, but it can also be informative and educational. And the Linux people probably say "We're not selling anything, therefore it is not advertising", but it does smell like advertising.

So h
... See more
G'day everyone

I see the Linux people are posting a lot of press releases in the ProZ.com forums. Well, I don't mind reading translation related news, but it would be nice if this could be held in a separate forum. The difficulty with a press release is that it borders on advertising, but it can also be informative and educational. And the Linux people probably say "We're not selling anything, therefore it is not advertising", but it does smell like advertising.

So here's a thought -- have a separate forum for translation related press releases, so that there can be a legitimate place to send these announcements.

Your thoughts?
Collapse

Sven Petersson
Sven Petersson  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 02:06
English to Swedish
+ ...
Why force ’Linux people’ to read M$ bloatware news? Mar 1, 2008

I see no need for any Press Release Forum(s), but if it has to be, let there be two; one for LINUX and one for M$.

Sven Petersson
Medical translator

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A separate forum for press releases

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »