Thread poster: Oliver Walter
Oliver Walter
Oliver Walter  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:43
German to English
+ ...
Oct 28, 2007

Is my memory correct? When viewing the "page" of "most recent posts" it used to be possible to view more than one pageful by using "next", "previous" etc. links at the bottom (and top?) of the page, which is the case with so many other pages such as other forums and kudoz pages. Now, there is only a single page, which shows the threads of about 2 or 3 days. Sometimes I look at "most recent posts" after not having looked at any forums for several days, and this means I can't easily see the not-so... See more
Is my memory correct? When viewing the "page" of "most recent posts" it used to be possible to view more than one pageful by using "next", "previous" etc. links at the bottom (and top?) of the page, which is the case with so many other pages such as other forums and kudoz pages. Now, there is only a single page, which shows the threads of about 2 or 3 days. Sometimes I look at "most recent posts" after not having looked at any forums for several days, and this means I can't easily see the not-so-recent "most recent posts".

Surely this must be quite easy to implement (or restore). How about it?
Perhaps the history available this way could go back indefinitely; if not, I suggest a limit of 2 weeks, or perhaps 4 weeks to allow members to go on Internet-free holidays for as long as this.

Oliver
Collapse

Nicole Y. Adams, M.A.
Nicole Y. Adams, M.A.
Australia
Local time: 03:43
Member (2006)
German to English
+ ...
4 pages for me Oct 28, 2007

Hello Oliver,

I am in the "Most recent posts" section right now and I get 4 pages going back as far as 22nd Oct.

I am using the new design and get the 'next' and 'previous' links in the bottom right corner as usual, so I don't see the change to only one page that you are describing.

I agree with you though that it would be useful to see the recent posts going back a bit further than just a few days, but then again I suppose they would not be so 'recent' a
... See more
Hello Oliver,

I am in the "Most recent posts" section right now and I get 4 pages going back as far as 22nd Oct.

I am using the new design and get the 'next' and 'previous' links in the bottom right corner as usual, so I don't see the change to only one page that you are describing.

I agree with you though that it would be useful to see the recent posts going back a bit further than just a few days, but then again I suppose they would not be so 'recent' anymore.

Have a good evening,

Nicole

[Edited at 2007-10-28 20:20]
Collapse

Oliver Walter
Oliver Walter  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, but the result is much the same Oct 28, 2007

Nicole Y. Adams, M.A. wrote:

Yes, I had never previously used the "new" design, nor even been really aware of it. Now that I've tried it, I get 5 pages (you found 4) with a total of 8 threads more than in the single-page "old" design version. Perhaps the limit for "recent" is defined there as 1 week.

I agree with you though that it would be useful to see the recent posts going back a bit further than just a few days, but then again I suppose they would not be so 'recent' anymore.

Not so recent, but still more recent than the even older ones. "Recent" is relative!

Oliver

Jeff Whittaker
Jeff Whittaker  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:43
Spanish to English
+ ...
New Design Oct 29, 2007

Thanks for this!

I too was apparently still using the "old" design without knowing it.

Clicking on Switch Designs at the top fixed the problem.

juvera
juvera  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
+ ...
The new design is misleading, and worse. Nov 1, 2007

I am having the same problem as Oliver, often playing catch-up (as you can see); therefore, I am wholeheartedly behind this request, to lengthen the "most recent posts" list. I was often wondering, why isn't it longer, but did nothing about it, so here is my chance to support his request.

However, the new forum layout, - which doesn't endear itself to me at all - is exactly the same length as the old one, with the added nuisance of being on 3 pages. On the old layout this post is so
... See more
I am having the same problem as Oliver, often playing catch-up (as you can see); therefore, I am wholeheartedly behind this request, to lengthen the "most recent posts" list. I was often wondering, why isn't it longer, but did nothing about it, so here is my chance to support his request.

However, the new forum layout, - which doesn't endear itself to me at all - is exactly the same length as the old one, with the added nuisance of being on 3 pages. On the old layout this post is somewhere in the lower middle part of the single page, and at the moment the last post is "Shoe size 47".

Guess what: the new design spreads to 3 pages, and the last post is: "Shoe size 47".

And of course, you have to go to page 3 to find this thread!

[Edited at 2007-11-01 11:13]

[Edited at 2007-11-01 11:15]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Only one page of "most recent posts"

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »