Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6] >
Complaint about bugs at ProZ (Staff: Update on the software upgrade process)
Thread poster: Christel Zipfel
Lieven Malaise
Lieven Malaise
Belgium
Local time: 17:52
Member (2020)
French to Dutch
+ ...
Communication Mar 6

Lucia Leszinsky wrote:
The current issue with email notifications has been clearly explained in the first page of this same thread, https://www.proz.com/post/3025039#3025039

The problem is clearly explained, yes, but it is not explained why it takes so long to resolve it. That post was written 2 months ago.

It would be nice to know what "we are working on it" means. Are we talking about several hours a day? That would be really hard to imagine since the complete lack of results. Or are we talking about a few hours a month? You see, knowing this would calm the nerves, because "we are working on it" gives the impression that someone is working really hard to resolve said notification issue every single day. But how would that be possible without any progress in many months?

Did you also read the post earlier in the thread mentioning the fact that the notification problem dates back to the year 2020?

In spite of Henry's post the conclusion remains the same: we are largely left in the dark.

[Bijgewerkt op 2024-03-06 10:43 GMT]

ibz
expressisverbis
Zea_Mays
Christel Zipfel
Barbara Carrara
Anna Sarah Krämer

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 16:52
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Lucía Mar 6

Captura de ecrã 2024-03-06 104622

How much longer will it take to get rid of this persistent bug?

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Requesting confirmation is my way of making sure things work as expected for everybody Mar 6

I apologize if my previous post gave some of you the impression that you were being required to test things. I only meant to check with all and each of you in a personalized way the status of notifications (i.e. whether you were receiving them or not after the latest adjustments applied by our developers.)

I'll just stay on topic here and simply ask those participating in this thread and other threads and forums: have you received an email alert for this post or others? In the case
... See more
I apologize if my previous post gave some of you the impression that you were being required to test things. I only meant to check with all and each of you in a personalized way the status of notifications (i.e. whether you were receiving them or not after the latest adjustments applied by our developers.)

I'll just stay on topic here and simply ask those participating in this thread and other threads and forums: have you received an email alert for this post or others? In the case of this post, this should be the subject line of the email notification: Reply to topic [Complaint about bugs at ProZ (Staff: Update on the software upgrade process)] (in your case, Christel Zipfel, it should be Reply to your topic [Complaint about bugs at ProZ (Staff: Update on the software upgrade process)].

If you haven't received it, and before posting back here, please confirm the following:

- You have forum notifications set to "On": https://www.proz.com/dashboard/forum/?sp_forum_mode=notifications
- You are tracking this forum with the option "Notify of all posts": https://www.proz.com/dashboard/forum/?sp_forum_mode=tracking_forums , or you are tracking this thread (checked): https://www.proz.com/dashboard/forum/?sp_forum_mode=tracking_threads
- Check the Spam folder (if you find one of our email alerts there, you may need to add the sender email to the whitelist)

In your case, Novian, can you also check if you received the one that informed you that your post was approved?

This is the kind of information that will help me and the rest of the team working on this issue to fix what is not working and continue delivering on the site's mission. And if anyone wants to contact me privately for a more personal check of notifications, feel free to email me at [email protected]. Thanks!

Lucia
Collapse

Alison MacG
Alison MacG  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
No email alert received Mar 6

Lucia Leszinsky wrote:

I'll just stay on topic here and simply ask those participating in this thread and other threads and forums: have you received an email alert for this post or others?

Lucia

I can report that I did not receive (or have not yet received) an email alert for this post.

I have forum notifications set to "On", I am tracking this thread and nothing went to the Spam folder.

I did, however, receive email alerts for all of the previous posts in this thread.

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Thanks Allison! Mar 6

Your help is much appreciated. Let me know if you get the alert later.

Lucia

Zea_Mays
Zea_Mays  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
No alert on new post and only 2 job alerts Mar 6

I didn't receive an alert for your new post, Lucia,
and I only got 2 job alerts today, the last one on job posted at 11:36 and notification received at 11:40.
Nothing in spam.

Zea_Mays
Italy
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
gmail Mar 6

If mainly gmail addresses are affected:
https://support.google.com/a/answer/81126?hl=en

Zea_Mays
Italy
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
still no notifications Mar 7

Not for forums and not for jobs.

Zea_Mays
Italy
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
received notification on a reply to my own thread Mar 7

(perhaps test feedback should be actually moved elsewhere)

ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Even more chaotic Mar 7

Just received old notifications about this thread …

Zea_Mays

Zea_Mays
Italy
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
14 at once Mar 7

ibz wrote:

Just received old notifications about this thread …

Same here, I am getting notifications on various thread replies at an interval of 0-10 minutes, 14 so far.

Alison MacG
Alison MacG  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
Delayed alerts Mar 7

Lucia Leszinsky wrote:

Your help is much appreciated. Let me know if you get the alert later.

Lucia

I have just received a delayed email alert (GMT 14:57 on 7th March) for your post yesterday (GMT 17:12 on 6th March), as well as delayed email alerts for all of the subsequent posts made yesterday and today (various times between GMT 15:03 and 15:10). I also got a delayed email alert for Novian's post from yesterday that was presumably subject to vetting (GMT 14:55).

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
That's good news, at least partially Mar 7

Thanks for the updates, Allison and Zea_Mays!

I'm glad notifications are being delivered, even if late. Now we need to resolve the issue with times. Three of our best developers are looking into it as I post this.

Keep you posted!

Lucia

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Lucia Mar 7

I've just received 8 notifications in a row, one of them was posted today at 02:44...

Zea_Mays

Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I'd request to stop here these notification reports Mar 7

The question who gets most notifications and when and how much time they needed is definitely off topic in this thread. There is no winner to be determined, but the loser is already known.

"Forum rule no. 4:
Replies should not stray from the posted topic.
When responding to a topic, stick to the topic as introduced. To change the discussion, it is necessary to post a new topic. "

Thank you all.

ibz
Zea_Mays
Barbara Carrara

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Complaint about bugs at ProZ (Staff: Update on the software upgrade process)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »