Thread poster: Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:10
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
Jan 2

At present, my count reaches nearly 2.000 visitors, while they normally are in the two-digit range. Does this happen to others as well? Is this another bug?

Baran Keki
Yuri Larin
Angie Garbarino
IrinaN
SandraV
Yasutomo Kanazawa

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 18:10
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Christel Jan 2

Do you mean the total count or in the past 30 days? My total count is 5,712 and 208 visitors in the past 30 days...

Dalia Nour
Dalia Nour  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 20:10
Member (2018)
English to Arabic
+ ...
@Christel Jan 2

Here the total number is 1091 and 137 visitors! It's a bit high because I was not active in the past 30 days on Proz! I mean this is the normal number when I'm active. I'm just surprised because some specific visitors watch my profile many times!

Inge Schumacher

Christel Zipfel
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Maria Teresa Jan 2

I don't know. When I looked at my profile ever in the past, I saw always less than 100 visitors which seemed reasonable to me. Now there are 1.945! I didn't change any settings, though.

Zea_Mays
Zea_Mays  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
indexing bots counted on the wrong tab Jan 2

The system is counting some crawlers/spiders (indexing bots from search engines) wrongly.
You can often recognise them by the large number of pages they visit - right now I have one with 3190 visits, while "203 Visitors in the past 30 days".

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
For me Jan 2

1065 visits off of 275 visitors in the past 30 days

Christel Zipfel
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
1958 visitors and 1953 visits in the last 30 days Jan 2

This is definitely not normal. It should be the contrary, more visits than visitors, if ever. But well, with all the bugs we are having, this is surely a minor one.
And BTW, of course, I didn't get any notifications of the answers on this thread.
Thank you anyway for your participation.

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Dalia Nour
Zea_Mays

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
1473 here Jan 2

Of course another bug... usually I have maximum less than 200

Zea_Mays
Italy
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
3290 visits from 1 visitor! Jan 3

Right now on my "Visitors" tab it reads "3747 visitors", with 3290 being actually the VISITS of a single "visitor" (obviously a bot) at 05:31, while the 3190 from yesterday disappeared - must be the same bot and its visits have been summarized.

[Bearbeitet am 2024-01-03 10:11 GMT]

Denis Fesik
Denis Fesik
Local time: 20:10
English to Russian
+ ...
A bug I guess Jan 3

I'm not a member and barely have any information published on my profile page because I don't look for work through proz, so I can't figure out what so many people could want to see: the only number visible to me is my running count, and it's over 600 now, no totals or breakdown stats. A bot attack? What could its purpose be then? Maybe it suddenly switched to showing my total count, but it's only been growing like that for about a month, starting from a relatively small number, and I'd had hund... See more
I'm not a member and barely have any information published on my profile page because I don't look for work through proz, so I can't figure out what so many people could want to see: the only number visible to me is my running count, and it's over 600 now, no totals or breakdown stats. A bot attack? What could its purpose be then? Maybe it suddenly switched to showing my total count, but it's only been growing like that for about a month, starting from a relatively small number, and I'd had hundreds of visitors before

[Edited at 2024-01-03 22:16 GMT]
Collapse

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Me too Jan 4

And they are coming from the strangest places.

Hanna Swaryczewska
Dalia Nour

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
New York! Jan 5

So many search hits are coming from NY! Not London, Berlin or Chisinau, but New York! Do we translators see a new trend of agencies coming up? Baran, your thoughts, please.

Baran Keki
Tainá Ferreira

Yasutomo Kanazawa
Yasutomo Kanazawa  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 02:10
Member (2005)
English to Japanese
+ ...
Same here Jan 6

Matthias Brombach wrote:

So many search hits are coming from NY! Not London, Berlin or Chisinau, but New York! Do we translators see a new trend of agencies coming up? Baran, your thoughts, please.

I'm getting a lot of visits from NY too. I only have 117 visitors in the past 30 days, but on the tab, there are 2881 visitors and out of the 2881 visitors, 2586 comes from NY, visiting not only my profile page but, Contact, KudoZ, KudoZ (answered), KudoZ (asked), Other, and Profile.

Even if this was a crawler or a bot, it's still creepy.

Baran Keki
SandraV

Zea_Mays
Italy
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Same here Jan 6

The "visitor" with now 3285 visists is from New York, ID 24640253.

SandraV

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
I'm... Jan 6

...soooo excited when finally they choose me for a job - a job from New York! All my financial problems will be solved!

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Abnormal number of profile visitors

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »