Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]
Poll: I usually have something to eat or snack on nearby while working.
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Josephine Cassar
Josephine Cassar  Identity Verified
Malta
Local time: 07:56
Member (2012)
English to Maltese
+ ...
Can't Nov 1, 2020

Tom in London wrote:

Allow yourself ONE CHOCOLATE ITEM per week.

I just can't; I don't have your strong will. The only day I voluntarily go without sweet things(aka chocolate items) is on Good Friday but I get a terrible headache and I only solve it by going to bed super early but I doubt if I can repeat it and go without the next day too. My body seems to crave it and I've never been able to control it though I do limit my intake.

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Dark Nov 1, 2020

Josephine Cassar wrote:

Tom in London wrote:

I just can't; I don't have your strong will. The only day I voluntarily go without sweet things(aka chocolate items) is on Good Friday but I get a terrible headache and I only solve it by going to bed super early but I doubt if I can repeat it and go without the next day too. My body seems to crave it and I've never been able to control it though I do limit my intake.

The Oracle tells me that dark chocolate (over 80%) in moderation is good for you.

It’s the sugar and additives in the cheap stuff that aren’t.

P.L.F. Persio
Rachel Fell

P.L.F. Persio
P.L.F. Persio  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2010)
English to Italian
+ ...
Josephine Nov 1, 2020

Josephine Cassar wrote:

Tom in London wrote:

Try to exorcise your cravings with literary creation: https://www.fortnumandmason.com/chocolate-library-short-story-competition?utm_source=Adestra&utm_medium=email&utm_term=&utm_content=Enter%20Now&utm_campaign=2020_11_01_wk16_sun_sailboat_chocolate_eu

You'll probably have to sample them all for inspiration, but it's all for the sake of Art.

Zibow Retailleau

Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Samples. Nov 1, 2020

P.L.F.Persio wrote:
You'll probably have to sample them all for inspiration, but it's all for the sake of Art.

If I sampled them, they’d be gone in a couple of days. Thanks for the link though, that’s one brand I haven’t tried yet.

Josephine Cassar
P.L.F. Persio

Mohammadkarim Tahmasbi
Mohammadkarim Tahmasbi  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2014)
Persian (Farsi) to English
+ ...
Diet and quality of work enhancement Nov 1, 2020

I used to snack a lot, but since I've gone keto, I do not crave at all.
I just sit at my desk and do my translation with focus.

Christopher Schröder
P.L.F. Persio
Tom in London

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Not usually nearby while working ... Nov 3, 2020

... but after work, I can only recommend ... no, not pea sausage this time, but: potato soufflé (Kartoffelsoufflé)!
The recipe would be a bit too complicated to explain by me here completely, but please have a look at this short video (with English subtitles):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc5LaNcTAfU

And don´t forget to serve it with Muskatnuss (nutmeg). M
... See more
... but after work, I can only recommend ... no, not pea sausage this time, but: potato soufflé (Kartoffelsoufflé)!
The recipe would be a bit too complicated to explain by me here completely, but please have a look at this short video (with English subtitles):

And don´t forget to serve it with Muskatnuss (nutmeg). Muskatnuss!
Collapse

Christopher Schröder
P.L.F. Persio
expressisverbis

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
:-) Nov 3, 2020

Matthias Brombach wrote:

And don´t forget to serve it with Muskatnuss (nutmeg). Muskatnuss!

Interesting challenge for the subtitler.

But then the subtext is pretty clear.

expressisverbis

CamNhungDinh
CamNhungDinh
Vietnam
working through my cell phone Jan 7, 2021

I eat or drink something but away from the computer. I continue working through my cell phone, looking up words and so on.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: I usually have something to eat or snack on nearby while working.

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »