Amandine Added
Amandine Added  Identity Verified
英国
Local time: 07:07
2010に入会
英語 から フランス語
+ ...
Wreck of the hesperus Nov 19, 2010

Well, let's say it : my workspace is a mess...Not that I would not like to tidy but it just does not last more than 24H.
However, nothing is lost, and I almost always know where things are, I just lack of time and every time I start classing, an emergency falls and here I am .... My husband compares my workspace to a fortified castle about to fall apart and says that someday he'll wake up to discover me buried under rubble)
... See more
Well, let's say it : my workspace is a mess...Not that I would not like to tidy but it just does not last more than 24H.
However, nothing is lost, and I almost always know where things are, I just lack of time and every time I start classing, an emergency falls and here I am .... My husband compares my workspace to a fortified castle about to fall apart and says that someday he'll wake up to discover me buried under rubble) It's a very little bit reassuring to know I'm not the only one....
Collapse

Daniela Vladimirova
Daniela Vladimirova
オランダ
Local time: 08:07
英語 から イタリア語
+ ...
My desk and drawers... Nov 19, 2010

... can you imagine the primeval chaos?
I often clean it but leave all the piles of stuff exactly as they were.
Sheets and books form several heaps on top of my printer and graphics tablet.

Petra Buric (X)
Petra Buric (X)  Identity Verified
スイス
スロヴェニア語 から 英語
+ ...
other as... Nov 19, 2010

... right now, I can only hope for having my own working place :/
I have a laptop only.
For now.
But if I had one, I believe it would be sth between an organized chaos and tidiness. Chaos in working time, tidy when there are some rare exotic moments of free time

Alison Sabedoria (X)
Alison Sabedoria (X)  Identity Verified
英国
フランス語 から 英語
+ ...
The order-chaos gradient Nov 19, 2010

One end of the room is my office area: boringly tidy and well-ordered, the epitome of Zen discipline (apart from the overflowing basket of random jottings on the bookshelf). Unlike Mamande's, my space is fortified to keep the chaos on the outside.

But the other end of the room is my art space: boards, masking tape, overalls, canvases, rolls of paper, paints, rags, lichen, fircones, plants...

In the centre I have a big sofa and a table of neutral territory where the
... See more
One end of the room is my office area: boringly tidy and well-ordered, the epitome of Zen discipline (apart from the overflowing basket of random jottings on the bookshelf). Unlike Mamande's, my space is fortified to keep the chaos on the outside.

But the other end of the room is my art space: boards, masking tape, overalls, canvases, rolls of paper, paints, rags, lichen, fircones, plants...

In the centre I have a big sofa and a table of neutral territory where the two worlds collide and anything can happen, frequently tea and cakes.

Like Daniela, I often clean round the piles, but I had to sort through and clean everything carefully recently as a mouse had got in and started nesting in some old stencils and fabric samples. I'm prepared to forgive the cat for being lazy if only she'd tell me where she's posted my memory stick!
Collapse

Marlene Blanshay
Marlene Blanshay  Identity Verified
カナダ
Local time: 02:07
2009に入会
フランス語 から 英語
+ ...
the laptop Nov 19, 2010

has changed the notion of 'desk' I realize...I have a laptop so i don't sit at my desk that much. When I do, however, it's a bit cluttered but I know where everything is. It's a fairly good sized desk so it's too big to end up as the wreck of the hesperus.

I was surprised they used my Poll...i submitted it so long ago i thought they just rejected it because it was silly or something!!

avsie (X)
avsie (X)  Identity Verified
英語 から フランス語
+ ...
Organized chaos Nov 19, 2010

My desk is usually a well-organized chaos. I know where to find what I need, when I need it.

The other day, my cleaning help decided she would do me a favor and cleaned up the clutter on my desk... I couldn't find my stuff afterwards! Arrghh!!!

Wordeffect wrote:

In my case, it's sewing patterns, more sewing patterns, sewing patterns magazines, sewing notions, fabric... I don't have enough space in my tiny attic room for all my sewing supplies, so the "overflow" ends up in the room of the house that serves as my office/guest room...

[Edited at 2010-11-19 14:17 GMT]

Amy Duncan (X)
Amy Duncan (X)  Identity Verified
ブラジル
Local time: 03:07
ポルトガル語 から 英語
+ ...
I'm pretty tidy, actually Nov 19, 2010

I haven't worked at a desk in quite a few years. At the moment I mostly sit on my bed with my MacBook Pro. I have a bookcase next to the bed that faces the bed, and everything I need is there: books, dictionaries, pens, places to put tea and water, etc. etc. There really isn't enough stuff for anything to get messy.

Ildiko Santana
Ildiko Santana  Identity Verified
米国
Local time: 23:07
2002に入会
ハンガリー語 から 英語
+ ...

モデレーター
tidy & immaculate, but only when I'm not working... Nov 19, 2010

...which is a day or two in between projects. Each break gives me time to do the cleaning, filing and bookkeeping, just to make a(n organized) mess during the next project.

Muriel Vasconcellos
Muriel Vasconcellos  Identity Verified
米国
Local time: 23:07
2003に入会
スペイン語 から 英語
+ ...
Currently, the wreck of the Hesperus Nov 21, 2010

Usually it's just mildly messy.

Unfortunately, I am also a fledgling landscape designer, and my plant books, files, and drawings are starting to outweigh my dictionaries. Trying to balance two careers in one room isn't working very well.

I also do my financial stuff in the same room.

Next year I'm going to get organized!!!!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

このフォーラムのモデレーター
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: My workspace is....

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »