Natalia Conovca
Natalia Conovca  Identity Verified
Moldova
Local time: 20:56
English to Romanian
+ ...
Jan 5, 2011

Hello,

I intend to experiment with MT + TM combination for my professional work. After intensive documentation, I have concluded that the best option for me would be a statistical translation machine, trained with my memory files (I've tried to find a commercial RBMT for my combination of languages, English-Romanian, but no luck so far). Out of all SBMT, Moses seems to be the most appropriate for my needs.

However, I cannot find anywhere what are the minimum system requ
... See more
Hello,

I intend to experiment with MT + TM combination for my professional work. After intensive documentation, I have concluded that the best option for me would be a statistical translation machine, trained with my memory files (I've tried to find a commercial RBMT for my combination of languages, English-Romanian, but no luck so far). Out of all SBMT, Moses seems to be the most appropriate for my needs.

However, I cannot find anywhere what are the minimum system requirements to first train and then run Moses with a corpora of, say, 100 000 units. I would highly appreciate your feedback.

Natalia
Collapse

4 year old macbook Feb 10, 2012

cf. for this document: http://www.statmt.org/moses/?n=Moses.WebTranslation
There are no concrete numbers thogh, but I've seen some mac book pro running moses 4 years ago (not extraordinary fast).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

System requirements for Moses

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »