Tag (2006 óta)
német - holland
Jun 15, 2022

Without hidden tags:

Add these hidden tags to a non-translatables glossary:

Quit and relaunch CafeTran Espresso. Now the segment looks like:

The segment will be saved in the translation memory as:

Screen Shot 2022-06-15 at 09.01.39

Very compact, very economic. Better matching amongst segments that only differ on the hidden text strings.

Another great advantage: QA Spell Check will not give false positives for the hidden text strings.

[Edited at 2022-06-15 07:03 GMT]

Tom in London
vird

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hollandia
Tag (2006 óta)
német - holland
TÉMAINDÍTÓ
Sidenotes Jun 16, 2022

Just two sidenotes:

• I think that the short form of segments is only added to the translation memory when proceeding to the next segment, not when using Memory » Import » Import segments from project.
  • It looks like Hunspell doesn't like the hidden tags: I get a lot of false positives, where I cannot see an actual spelling error at all.

I'll have to investigate this further when I have the time and perhaps write a mail to the developer about th
... See more
Just two sidenotes:

• I think that the short form of segments is only added to the translation memory when proceeding to the next segment, not when using Memory » Import » Import segments from project.
  • It looks like Hunspell doesn't like the hidden tags: I get a lot of false positives, where I cannot see an actual spelling error at all.

I'll have to investigate this further when I have the time and perhaps write a mail to the developer about this.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

A fórum moderátora(i)
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Hidden tags: a great way to work!

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »