When do we or do not add ي to the feminine noun in Arabic?
Thread poster: Mandy K
Mandy K
Mandy K
Local time: 17:24
English to Arabic
+ ...
Apr 28, 2013

hello Arabic translators,

I am translating a text into Arabic addressed to a women and found it very hard to know when I have to add the pronoun ي to the noun and when I shouldn't. what are the rules for this case?

thnx for help

Steve Booth
Steve Booth  Identity Verified
English to Arabic
+ ...
I am not sure Apr 28, 2013

what you are asking for here Mandy.

if you add the personal pronoun ي to a noun for example كتاب you get كتابي which gives the meaning my book adding a ي will always give you this concept

Abdallah Ali
Abdallah Ali  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Arabic
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
مقالات في التصحيح اللغوي (أنتي- أنتِ) Apr 28, 2013

وجدتُ ما يلي بعد بحث سريع وبه شرح يسير وأمثلة. بالتوفيق

مقالات في التصحيح اللغوي (أنتي- أنتِ)
التصحيح اللغوي من الأخطاء المنتشرة في مخاطبة المؤنث كتابة ياء بعد ضمير المخاطبة فيكتبون:
(أنتي – كتبتي – لكي)
وهو خطأ انتشر في الكتابة في الشبكة، و رأيت أحد الفضلاء قد كتب «السؤال الذي سألتيه مهم»، ووقفت على بيت لابن رشيق القيرواني وقع فيه الخطأ:
أوْ ليتَ كنتِ (سأَلْتِيه) مساعدةً *** فكان يَحْبوكِ بالتَّكحِيل والشعَرِ

• وإليك بيان الخطأ:
ضمائر المخاطبة لا تكتب بعدها الياء، بل يكتفى بالكسرة فتكتب : «يا هند، أنتِ هنا»، «يا هذه، هل كتبتِ المقالة؟»، «يا سمية، الاقتراح الذي اقترحتِه رائع».
ولا تكتب الياء إلا في حالة فعل الأمر للمخاطبة «اذهبي، اكتبي، أقبلي».
وقد يكون منشأ الخطأ في «سألتيه» توهم الكاتب أن الفعل مثل «لا تسأليه» وبينهما فرق؛ إذ «لا تسأليه» صحيحة؛ لأنها في الأصل من الأفعال الخمسة «تسألين»، فلما دخلت «لا» الناهية جزمت الفعل، وعلامة جزم الأفعال الخمسة حذف النون «تسألين، لا تسألي»، ثم دخل الضمير «لا تسأليه».
أما «سألتيه» فخطأ؛ إذ الأصل الفعل الماضي «سألتِ»، ثم دخل الضمير «سألتِه»، ولاموجب للياء.
• والخلاصة:
لا تكتب الياء بعد ضمير المخاطبة إلا في حالة فعل الأمر، فتكتب:
(لكِ ، أنتِ، كتبتِ، سألتِه)، (اذهبي، أحضري، اجتهدي).

عبد الرحمن بن ناصر السعيد

http://www.awbd.net/article.php?a=64

Mandy K
Mandy K
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Apr 28, 2013

thank you that was very helpful

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

When do we or do not add ي to the feminine noun in Arabic?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »