Local time: 14:27
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Earlier version such as 8.11 for Mac does not work either. Apr 17

Philippe Locquet wrote:

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:
Can people from Wordfast keep us updated, please?

We have seen this situation impact users and it seems now to be narrowed to only a specific situation. You can monitor information on this page: https://www.wordfast.com/support_release_notes#wfp9
If you are on MacOS Sonoma V14.4 and higher and you Mac has an Apple Silicon chip (M1, M2 etc.) Wordfast Pro 9 should run fine.
We hope Apple will find a way to patch this Java issue and hope that the time in between will go as smooth as possible with the options available so you can keep working.
My bests to all

Why not allow those users who run Windows on a Mac to install WFP9 on Windows? I don't think this is possible with the licence key for the Mac, so why not send us a (maybe temporary) licence key for Windows 11?

Philippe Locquet
Philippe Locquet  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 13:27
English to French
+ ...
Hotline Apr 17

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:
Why not allow those users who run Windows on a Mac to install WFP9 on Windows? I don't think this is possible with the licence key for the Mac, so why not send us a (maybe temporary) licence key for Windows 11?

If you own a Wordfast Pro license, as a freelancer you can install it on two computers (see: https://www.wordfast.com/store_faqs#16). So, if you want to work on a Windows machine while waiting for a more permanent fix, you should be able to do that right away.
If this doesn't work for some reason, just contact the hotline.

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 14:27
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Philippe Apr 18

Philippe Locquet wrote:

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:

If you own a Wordfast Pro license, as a freelancer you can install it on two computers (see: https://www.wordfast.com/store_faqs#16). So, if you want to work on a Windows machine while waiting for a more permanent fix, you should be able to do that right away.
If this doesn't work for some reason, just contact the hotline.

It doesn't work on Windows as one of my two installs is on my Macbook (working) and the second on the iMac (not working), but for your system it is active so I cannot activate another install on Windows. Never mind, my licence expires in 35 days, not sure that I will renew it.

Philippe Locquet
Philippe Locquet  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 13:27
English to French
+ ...
Hotline (repeated) Apr 18

[quote]Wolfgang Schoene wrote:

Philippe Locquet wrote:

but for your system it is active so I cannot activate another install on Windows.

Like I said, since one of your allowed installs cannot be used because of the current situation, the hotline can free up things so that you can activate a key for Windows. This is done on a case-by-case basis of course to avoid abuse. Why not try this option?

Be well,

Philippe

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Updated to Mac OS 14.4.1

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »