Jack Dunwell
Jack Dunwell  Identity Verified
Frankreich
Local time: 06:01
Französisch > Englisch
+ ...
THEMENSTARTER
Thank You Jorge...Finally Nov 28, 2013

Finally.....if they were to send an original document and I sent back a TMX file, would they be able to load onto their Déja Vu ?

Jorge Payan
Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Kolumbien
Local time: 23:01
Mitglied (2002)
Deutsch > Spanisch
+ ...
Importing TMX should not be a problem for DVX.. Nov 28, 2013

...as it can work with any "flavor" of TMX (1.1, 1.4, 1.4b). I don't know what format WFP uses for the TMX it exports; I think it is 1.4b, but I am not sure.

Anyway you should care that the TMX is well formed (the oldie WFC used to play tricks with it) by using Olifant for checking it; the other important point is that the language variants must coincide betwen the two CATs.

Frankly speaking, if I were you I would opt for the flow based on xliff. It is quite straight f
... See more
...as it can work with any "flavor" of TMX (1.1, 1.4, 1.4b). I don't know what format WFP uses for the TMX it exports; I think it is 1.4b, but I am not sure.

Anyway you should care that the TMX is well formed (the oldie WFC used to play tricks with it) by using Olifant for checking it; the other important point is that the language variants must coincide betwen the two CATs.

Frankly speaking, if I were you I would opt for the flow based on xliff. It is quite straight forward as you don't need to mess around with separate TMX and translated files.

Saludos
Collapse

Jack Dunwell
Jack Dunwell  Identity Verified
Frankreich
Local time: 06:01
Französisch > Englisch
+ ...
THEMENSTARTER
Thank you Jorge Nov 29, 2013

Thank you Jorge

Vom Thema belegte Seiten:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Déja Vu compatibility with Wordfast Pro

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »