Adam, MA Trans
Adam, MA Trans
Reino Unido
Local time: 22:32
francês para inglês
+ ...
Nov 28, 2021

Hi everyone,

A potential client would like me to proofread a book they are writing in English (approximately 130,000 words).

They speak native Mandarin. However, their English is impeccable (having lived in the UK for many years).

I would like to charge per word, rather than by the hour. Is this customary for such a project? In addition, would it be unreasonable to ask for a very small percentage in royalties once the book is published? Please excuse my ig
... See more
Hi everyone,

A potential client would like me to proofread a book they are writing in English (approximately 130,000 words).

They speak native Mandarin. However, their English is impeccable (having lived in the UK for many years).

I would like to charge per word, rather than by the hour. Is this customary for such a project? In addition, would it be unreasonable to ask for a very small percentage in royalties once the book is published? Please excuse my ignorance on the subject.

Thank you,
Adam
Collapse

Não há um moderador designado especificamente para este fórum.
Para reportar violações às regras do site ou para obter ajuda, favor contatar a equipe do site »

Payment conventions of proofreading a book for publication

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »