Translators' Status in the United Kingdom
Inițiatorul discuției: Russell Jones
Russell Jones
Russell Jones  Identity Verified
Regatul Unit
Local time: 16:03
din italiană în engleză
Dec 11, 2009

In a recent discussion about the Status of Tranlators in the Translation Theory and Practice forum, Alistair Gainey from the Russian Federation pointed out that we were not even listed among the 400 or so occupations in the UK Office for National Statistics' recently published Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings.
I volunteered to investigate and have received a reply today.

Rather than infringing site rules by duplicating my response posted in that forum, anyone interested mi
... See more
In a recent discussion about the Status of Tranlators in the Translation Theory and Practice forum, Alistair Gainey from the Russian Federation pointed out that we were not even listed among the 400 or so occupations in the UK Office for National Statistics' recently published Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings.
I volunteered to investigate and have received a reply today.

Rather than infringing site rules by duplicating my response posted in that forum, anyone interested might like to refer to it here:
http://www.proz.com/post/1283072#1283072
Collapse

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
Regatul Unit
Local time: 16:03
Membru (2004)
din engleză în italiană
well... Dec 11, 2009

thank you for that... at least now we officially exist...

Pentru acest forum nu a fost numit niciun moderator.
Pentru a raporta încălcarea regulilor site-ului sau pentru a solicita asistență, vă rugăm să contactați personalul site-ului »

Translators' Status in the United Kingdom

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »