For matters related to payments, access to training sessions and technical issues, please submit a support request for faster assistance.
SDL Trados Studio 2009 Advanced for Translators

This discussion belongs to ProZ.com training » "SDL Trados Studio 2009 Advanced for Translators".
You can see the ProZ.com training page and participate in this discussion from there.

Rano Ilyas
Rano Ilyas  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:09
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Internet Connection Aug 26, 2011

I am interested in taking part in the SDL 2009 Training session, however under the 'Recommendations' paragraph it says I must have a 64 kbps link. And use ISDN line or Broadband. Wireless connection is not recommended.
My computer is connected to the Internet, wireless. Does this mean I can't take part?
And how do I find out the size my kbps link?
Thanks

Rano Ilyas

Helen Shepelenko
Helen Shepelenko
SITE STAFF
System requirements Aug 26, 2011

Hello Fairano,

Thank you for considering to take the SDL Trados training at ProZ.com.

The system requirements mentioned at the training page were provided by GoToWebinar and in case your computer meets the above mentioned requirements it is confirmed that you will receive a good quality training (with good image and sound).

Sometimes when users take webinars using wireless connection they may experience problems to hear the trainer (there may be background noise
... See more
Hello Fairano,

Thank you for considering to take the SDL Trados training at ProZ.com.

The system requirements mentioned at the training page were provided by GoToWebinar and in case your computer meets the above mentioned requirements it is confirmed that you will receive a good quality training (with good image and sound).

Sometimes when users take webinars using wireless connection they may experience problems to hear the trainer (there may be background noise, echo or like) and we cannot guarantee that this will not happen just in the middle of the training.

Please note that SDL Trados webinars are not video recorded.

If you wish to try your connection you might wish to attend a free webinar, http://www.proz.com/translator-training/format/free-webinars , and see how it works for you. Note that the training platform used for free webinars and SDL Trados is the same (GoToWebinar).

Hope this helps.

My bests,
Helen
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Helen Shepelenko[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2009 Advanced for Translators

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »