For matters related to payments, access to training sessions and technical issues, please submit a support request for faster assistance.
SDL Trados Studio 2009 Getting Started for Translators in Rome

This discussion belongs to ProZ.com training » "SDL Trados Studio 2009 Getting Started for Translators in Rome".
You can see the ProZ.com training page and participate in this discussion from there.

Ivana Kahle
Ivana Kahle  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:27
Member (2007)
German to Croatian
+ ...
Language and Target Audience Mar 14, 2011

Hi!
Is this course going to be held in English or Italian?
I am a very basic user of Trados 2007 Freelance and am upgrading to Studio 2009. I never attended a Trados course before. Would you recommend this course to me?
Regards,
Ivana Kahle

Soledad Azcona
Soledad Azcona  Identity Verified
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
SDL Trados Studio 2009 Getting Started for Translators training in Rome Mar 14, 2011

Dear Ivana,

Since this course will take place on the previous day of the ProZ.com international conference in Rome, there's a chance that not all attendees will be locals. In that case the course language will be English.

This course teaches attendees how to use the new features and functionality of SDL Trados Studio 2009 and provides all of the knowledge you need to pass SDL Trados Studio 2009 Level 1 exam. Since you are already using SDL Trados 2007 and upgrading to SDL T
... See more
Dear Ivana,

Since this course will take place on the previous day of the ProZ.com international conference in Rome, there's a chance that not all attendees will be locals. In that case the course language will be English.

This course teaches attendees how to use the new features and functionality of SDL Trados Studio 2009 and provides all of the knowledge you need to pass SDL Trados Studio 2009 Level 1 exam. Since you are already using SDL Trados 2007 and upgrading to SDL Trados Studio 2009 a part of the training can be a revision for you. I recommend you give a look at the topics to be covered during the course in the "Program" part.

Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Soledad
Collapse

Laura Carolina Collada Ali (X)
Laura Carolina Collada Ali (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Internet connection at the course site Apr 12, 2011

I would like to take this course but do not have Trados installed in my portable computer and do not want to install it. I normally connect to my home pc through team viewer and use it this way. I would like to be sure that the room where the course is going to be held has an internet connection or that it is not an underground room where mobile phones do not work (I can have internet access via mobile).
Thanks a lot in advance!!
Laura

Laura Admiraal
Laura Admiraal  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2012)
Dutch to Italian
+ ...
Information request Apr 20, 2011

Were does the course take place?

Best Regards,

Laura

Ivana Kahle
Germany
Member (2007)
German to Croatian
+ ...
Getting prepared for the course Apr 21, 2011

Hello again!
I have just paid for the course. Do I have to prepare myself for the course in any other way except for having installed Trados Studio 2009 on my PC? I have installed the full version, not the trial one, haven't opened it yet though.
Thanks for your reply!
I hope that someone will answer both Lauras' questions too, I'm curious about the answers.
Saluti da Zagabria e ci vediamo a Roma!
Ivana.

Helen Shepelenko
Helen Shepelenko
SITE STAFF
The training will be conducted at the Hotel dei Congressi Apr 21, 2011

Hello Ivana and Laura,

Thanks for your questions.

Indeed, what you would need for the training is your laptop with SDL Trados installed. It can be a trial version of the software.

The training will take place at the Hotel dei Congressi, http://www.hoteldeicongressiroma.com/ , where the conference will be held.

Please find the venue address here:

... See more
Hello Ivana and Laura,

Thanks for your questions.

Indeed, what you would need for the training is your laptop with SDL Trados installed. It can be a trial version of the software.

The training will take place at the Hotel dei Congressi, http://www.hoteldeicongressiroma.com/ , where the conference will be held.

Please find the venue address here:

Hotel dei Congressi
Viale Shakespeare, 29 - 00144 Roma
Tel +39 06 5926021
Fax +39 06 5911903

Hope this helps.

My bests,
Helen
Collapse

Ivana Kahle
Germany
Member (2007)
German to Croatian
+ ...
Thank you, Apr 22, 2011

Helen!

Laura Admiraal
Laura Admiraal  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2012)
Dutch to Italian
+ ...
Thank you May 2, 2011

Thank you very much!
I look forward to meeting you in Rome!

Laura

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Helen Shepelenko[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2009 Getting Started for Translators in Rome

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »