Maria Asis  Identity Verified
Испания
Local time: 21:30
Член ProZ.com c 2002
английский => испанский
+ ...
Jul 7, 2005

Hi there!

When I look for a term in the Kudoz Internet Search and I hit Enter, it works perfectly with MS Internet Explorer, but the same doesn't happen with Mozilla Firefox. I have to click the Search button with the mouse whenever I look for a term because the Enter key doesn't work here.

My suggestion:
Could you arrange it so the Mozilla Firefox users can use it the same way, with just an Enter instead of a click?

Thanks!

María José

Steven Sidore
Steven Sidore  Identity Verified
Германия
немецкий => английский
along those lines Jul 7, 2005

I was just wondering to myself today whether proz could develop a firefox searchbar plugin for KUDOZ...

Graciela Carlyle
Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
Великобритания
Local time: 20:30
английский => испанский
+ ...
trying but not succesfull :o(::::::: Jul 8, 2005

Steven Sidore wrote:
I was just wondering to myself today whether proz could develop a firefox searchbar plugin for KUDOZ...

I was trying to adapt a search plugin for Firefox toolbar search box, but got stuck somewhere and haven't got a clue how to solve it.
I got to open proz kudoZ search page and insert the term in the search box but for some reason I always get "No results found".
However, if I click on the Search button, I get results...

If any techies have any idea pls let me know!
Cheers,
Grace.

[Edited at 2005-07-08 12:49]

craigs
craigs
Local time: 15:30
английский => португальский
+ ...
highlight text, right click, choose "Search Web for..." Jul 9, 2005

I discovered this neat little technique that will bring up a search in Google for the highlighted text.

Happy hunting.

craigs
craigs
Local time: 15:30
английский => португальский
+ ...
Thought my earlier post went through... Jul 9, 2005

I could swear I already posted this hours ago, but the following is my favorite method to search random words and phrases in websites:

Highlight the desired text; right click on that text; choose the option "Search Web for..."

In my browser this brings up a search page with the highlighted text. I'm a search engine junkie.

Jeremy Amos
Jeremy Amos  Identity Verified
Великобритания
Local time: 20:30
немецкий => английский
Firefox search plugin Oct 28, 2005

Just bumping up this topic for the ProZ boys more than anything.
At present it's not possible to write a firefox search plugin for the simple reason that the search uses the POST method, rather than the GET method (I'm not an expert, but as far as I'm aware Firefox search plugins still require use of the GET method).

I'm sure you guys are aware of how much traffic having the plugin on the Mozilla website would generate for Proz and how useful this feature would be for ProZ use
... See more
Just bumping up this topic for the ProZ boys more than anything.
At present it's not possible to write a firefox search plugin for the simple reason that the search uses the POST method, rather than the GET method (I'm not an expert, but as far as I'm aware Firefox search plugins still require use of the GET method).

I'm sure you guys are aware of how much traffic having the plugin on the Mozilla website would generate for Proz and how useful this feature would be for ProZ users, so how about it?
(If you were to change the form method, I'm sure there are many users who would be just itching to write the plugin.)
Collapse

Mark
Mark
итальянский => английский
Things have changed Sep 16, 2013

I remember fiddling with Xbench, trying to get a URL-based search configured for Proz. I think it was impossible; in any case, I didn't manage.

But since then, the search has been updated. If you do a search with the new interface (not clicking on "Go back to the old term search", obviously) then scroll right down to the bottom of the results, there's now a field marked "Direct link to these results". It basically gives you what you need to construct a search.

So armed
... See more
I remember fiddling with Xbench, trying to get a URL-based search configured for Proz. I think it was impossible; in any case, I didn't manage.

But since then, the search has been updated. If you do a search with the new interface (not clicking on "Go back to the old term search", obviously) then scroll right down to the bottom of the results, there's now a field marked "Direct link to these results". It basically gives you what you need to construct a search.

So armed with this link I went to http://mycroftproject.com and updated one of the many "probably broken" search plugins. It works. I volunteered to create/fix some more for my colleagues here, but no-one seemed that fussed. So I'll just follow up by updating EnIt for myself, but anyone prepared to put in a little time can now create/fix them.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Модератор(ы) этого форума
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

KudoZ Internet Search optimized for Mozilla Firefox

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »