Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 09:17
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Mar 3, 2011

Hello, Staff

Currently, there is a section on the profile page called "Payment method accepted". If a user accepts PayPal etc, this is not stated in that section, however. PayPal etc is indicated at the top of the profile page, but not in the section where an outsourcer might also expect it to be, namely in the "Payment method accepted" section.

So for me, my profile says only "Payment method accepted: Wire transfer", thereby creating the impression that I accept *onl
... See more
Hello, Staff

Currently, there is a section on the profile page called "Payment method accepted". If a user accepts PayPal etc, this is not stated in that section, however. PayPal etc is indicated at the top of the profile page, but not in the section where an outsourcer might also expect it to be, namely in the "Payment method accepted" section.

So for me, my profile says only "Payment method accepted: Wire transfer", thereby creating the impression that I accept *only* wire transfers.

Suggestion: if a user accepts PayPal, Moneybookers etc, mention that information in the "Payment method accepted" section of the profile page.

Thanks
Samuel
Collapse

Ambrose Li
Ambrose Li  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 03:17
English
+ ...
I find this strange too Mar 3, 2011

But I also notice that it is listed in some (random?) users’ profiles. Which suggests that this non-display is most likely a bug in need of fixing.

Allison Wright (X)
Allison Wright (X)  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 08:17
I support Samuel's suggestion Mar 3, 2011

I had thought I was just being daft, not being able to find the option-

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Referred to internal development Mar 3, 2011

Hello All,

Please note that the reason why PayPal payment method is shown at the top of profiles when a PayPal email address is entered in the "Financial" section of the Profile updater is to allow clients to go straight to PayPal to make a payment by clicking on the "PayPal" link ("PayPal" is made a hyperlink when visibility permissions are set to "Everyone").

Now, I agree that PayPal should also be available in the list of payment methods accepted. Let me refer this t
... See more
Hello All,

Please note that the reason why PayPal payment method is shown at the top of profiles when a PayPal email address is entered in the "Financial" section of the Profile updater is to allow clients to go straight to PayPal to make a payment by clicking on the "PayPal" link ("PayPal" is made a hyperlink when visibility permissions are set to "Everyone").

Now, I agree that PayPal should also be available in the list of payment methods accepted. Let me refer this to internal development to have it adjusted.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Lucía
Collapse

Kristina Radziulyte
Kristina Radziulyte  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 10:17
Member (2006)
English to Lithuanian
+ ...

how to add PayPal to the list of payment methods accepted Mar 4, 2011

Simply click on edit icon next to "Payment method accepted" on the main profile page, then under "Other payment methods you have listed:" there's a field called "Add payment method not listed:". Write in "PayPal" and you're done.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Mention PayPal etc in "Payment method accepted" on profile page

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »