Separate taglines for freelancer and company profiles: is it possible?(Staff: added for development)
论题张贴者: Nikita Kobrin
Nikita Kobrin
Nikita Kobrin  Identity Verified
立陶宛
Local time: 03:54
正式会员 (自2010)
English英语译成Russian俄语
+ ...
Nov 25, 2010

This concerns those who act both as a freelancer and outsourcer.

Now it's impossible (at least as far as I know) to create one tagline for you as a freelancer and another one as an outsourcer: one and the same tagline is used for both your freelancer profile and your company one.

The problem is that a tagline which is good for you as an individual in many cases doesn't fit your company profile.

Example: 'Translator/Journalist/Voiceover'. For a freelancer
... See more
This concerns those who act both as a freelancer and outsourcer.

Now it's impossible (at least as far as I know) to create one tagline for you as a freelancer and another one as an outsourcer: one and the same tagline is used for both your freelancer profile and your company one.

The problem is that a tagline which is good for you as an individual in many cases doesn't fit your company profile.

Example: 'Translator/Journalist/Voiceover'. For a freelancer Nikita Kobrin this tagline sounds OK but for a company NK Translations & Voiceovers it's not good.

Suggestion: I believe it would be useful to make it possible to create separate taglines for freelancer and company profiles.

What do you think?

NK

[Edited at 2010-11-26 00:34 GMT]
Collapse

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
捷克共和国
Local time: 02:54
English英语译成Czech捷克语
+ ...
Seconded Nov 25, 2010

Absolutely, Nik. I can only support this idea.

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 21:54
网站工作人员
Good idea Nov 25, 2010

Hello Nikita, Stanislav,

Good idea. I've added this for development.

Regards,

Jared

Nikita Kobrin
立陶宛
正式会员 (自2010)
English英语译成Russian俄语
+ ...
主题发起人
let us know Nov 25, 2010

Jared wrote:

I've added this for development.

Jared,

You are really quick! Thanks a lot.

Please let us know when it is implemented.

NK

Nikita Kobrin
立陶宛
正式会员 (自2010)
English英语译成Russian俄语
+ ...
主题发起人
Two separate names Nov 26, 2010

Jared,

And while we are on the topic I've got also another suggestion: possibility of two separate names for freelancer and company profiles.

Now both my individual profile and my company profile are called the same: 'Nikita Kobrin - NK Translations & Voiceovers'.

I would prefer my individual profile to be named just 'Nikita Kobrin' and my company profile - just 'NK Translations & Voiceovers'.

What about this idea? Is it possible?

... See more
Jared,

And while we are on the topic I've got also another suggestion: possibility of two separate names for freelancer and company profiles.

Now both my individual profile and my company profile are called the same: 'Nikita Kobrin - NK Translations & Voiceovers'.

I would prefer my individual profile to be named just 'Nikita Kobrin' and my company profile - just 'NK Translations & Voiceovers'.

What about this idea? Is it possible?

NK

[Edited at 2010-11-26 00:36 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Separate taglines for freelancer and company profiles: is it possible?(Staff: added for development)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »