Francesco Sosto  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:06
Member (2012)
German to Italian
+ ...
May 21, 2014

Hi!

I'm trying to checkout an online project via memoQ 2013 R2. My OS is windows 7.

I was sent the server url and the ELM-License by the translation agency. So far so good. But as soon as I open the project, a windows opens showing the following error message:

Unable to open document or project.
General error.

TYPE:
System.NullReferenceException

Object reference not set to an instance of an object
... See more
Hi!

I'm trying to checkout an online project via memoQ 2013 R2. My OS is windows 7.

I was sent the server url and the ELM-License by the translation agency. So far so good. But as soon as I open the project, a windows opens showing the following error message:

Unable to open document or project.
General error.

TYPE:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

SOURCE:
MemoQ.Controls

CALL STACK:
at MemoQ.Controls.HtmlPanel.PanelContentSink.SetContent(String content, String css, String bodyClass)
at MemoQ.Controls.HtmlPageBase.Render()
at MemoQ.Controls.HtmlPanel.set_HtmlPage(HtmlPageBase value)
at MemoQ.Project.ProjectOverviewControl.initHtml()
at MemoQ.Project.ProjectOverviewControl.set_ProjectDocument(ProjectDocument value)
at MemoQ.Project.ProjectControl.OnDocumentAttached()
at MemoQ.ApplicationFramework.DocumentControl.set_Document(Document value)
at MemoQ.ApplicationFramework.WindowManager.OpenTab(Document document, Boolean activate)
at MemoQ.ApplicationFramework.WindowManager.OnShowDocumentNoActivate(Document document)
at MemoQ.Project.ProjectDocument.OnOpenDocument(Object openParam)
at MemoQ.ApplicationFramework.DocTypeManager.c__DisplayClass7.b__6()
at MemoQ.ApplicationFramework.DocTypeManager.executeFromOpenErrorHandlingBlock(Func`1 func, Object openParam)

The strange thing is that if I open the project from another PC (windows XP professional) I can checkout and open the project working on it. My suspicion is that this error occurs after having downloaded the latest windows 7 updates. My question is: is there any solution to get the problem solved, or more specifically, is there by chance a windows 7 update that possibly disturbs memo Q?

I already tried to uninstall and reinstall it, but it still doesn't work.

thanks in advance for your support!
Collapse

felicij
felicij  Identity Verified
German to Slovenian
+ ...
Try MemoQ Support May 21, 2014

e.g. this website:
http://kb.kilgray.com/article/AA-00609/0/General-Error:-Opening-a-document-for-translation-throws-error-message.html

It helped me recently as I was receiving a similar error message, only SOURCE was different.

Francesco Sosto
Italy
Member (2012)
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your solution.... May 21, 2014

felicij wrote:

e.g. this website:
http://kb.kilgray.com/article/AA-00609/0/General-Error:-Opening-a-document-for-translation-throws-error-message.html

It helped me recently as I was receiving a similar error message, only SOURCE was different.

---but it doesn't work the same

Francesco Sosto
Italy
Member (2012)
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Windows updates disturbing MemoQ... May 28, 2014

I confirm there is an update disturbing MemoQ, as soon as I download latest Windows Update I cannot checkout or open files on MemoQ, but if I do a System Restore bring my pc back to the state before having installed the new updates, I can open and checkout the project again, without problems.

How can I discover which is the update disturbing MemoQ?

Thanks

BlinkenTrans
BlinkenTrans
Germany
Problem checking out online project Feb 16, 2015

Hi,

I'm attaching this to the thread hoping I haven't overlooked a better suited one. This is the problem: While checking out an online project with memoQ 2014 R2, I had to abort the process. After that, every new try ended with this error message:

Allgemeiner Fehler.
TYPE:

Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.

SOURCE:
MemoQ.Project

CALL STACK
... See more
Hi,

I'm attaching this to the thread hoping I haven't overlooked a better suited one. This is the problem: While checking out an online project with memoQ 2014 R2, I had to abort the process. After that, every new try ended with this error message:

Allgemeiner Fehler.
TYPE:

Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.

SOURCE:
MemoQ.Project

CALL STACK:
bei MemoQ.Project.LogicAndData.LocalCopyProject.ServerProjectImportController.cleanupOnCancelAndError()
bei MemoQ.Project.LogicAndData.LocalCopyProject.ServerProjectImportController.DoJob()
bei MemoQ.Common.Job.JobBase.Execute(Object o)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Der Vorgang wurde mit einigen Fehlern beendet.

Result: The project folder only contains an .sdf file.

Does anybody have any idea what went wrong and what could be done? The knowledgebase link above and similar ones don't seem to hit the mark exactly, so thanks for any input.

Best regards
Collapse

Sergii Kolomiiets
Sergii Kolomiiets  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 01:06
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
Solution works Oct 7, 2015

Francesco Sosto wrote:

felicij wrote:

e.g. this website:

---but it doesn't work the same

I confirm that the TYPE: System.NullReferenceException SOURCE: MemoQ.Controls problem described by Francesco Sosto can be fixed by deleting the preferences file as decribed on the kilgray website at the pvovided link.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

cannot checkout online projects: memoQ 2013 R2

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »