Thread poster: Daniel Grigoras
Daniel Grigoras
Daniel Grigoras  Identity Verified
Romania
Romanian to English
+ ...
May 16, 2014

Hello!

I have created a new project and imported a DOC file that has small images inserted within phrases. I then noticed that MemoQ split phrases where images where inlaid. Is there a solution to prevent this? I tried importing with options, but have not found anything useful in this regard. Most of the phrases are inlaid with pictures and the only solution is to merge/join them.

Here's a sample phrase inlaid with pictures:

photo Phraseinlaidwithpictures_zpsb0ce9767.png

This is how it looks after import:

And this is how it looks after its split parts were merged/joined:

[Edited at 2014-05-16 13:14 GMT]

Daniel Grigoras
Daniel Grigoras  Identity Verified
Romania
Romanian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
MemoQ support SOLVED IT May 16, 2014

Here's what I was told:

"Please try importing the .doc from Import with options and change the import settings as attached screenshot.
If you select Import as DOCX and enable ASPOSE option, the sentence won't be split by inline graphics.
If you would like to get tags as {tags}, please use the option Import markup as memoQ {tags} otherwise please use Import markup as inline tags as you can see what the tags for better with
... See more
Here's what I was told:

"Please try importing the .doc from Import with options and change the import settings as attached screenshot.
If you select Import as DOCX and enable ASPOSE option, the sentence won't be split by inline graphics.
If you would like to get tags as {tags}, please use the option Import markup as memoQ {tags} otherwise please use Import markup as inline tags as you can see what the tags for better with this way."

Collapse

Christophe Delaunay
Christophe Delaunay  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 03:29
Spanish to French
+ ...
Thanks D.D.G. May 16, 2014

Everything is in the title!
Always good to learn a new thing...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ splits phrases with inline pictures

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »