Nikita Kobrin
Nikita Kobrin  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 19:20
Member (2010)
English to Russian
+ ...
Nov 2, 2012

Working in MemoQ 6.0.63 I try to export an active document but instead I got the following error notice:

File handling exception.

Details:

TYPE:
System.IO.IOException

SOURCE:
mscorlib

CALL STACK:
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, DirectorySecurity dirSecurity)
at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path, DirectorySecurity directorySecurity)
at MemoQ.DocConverterFramework.ExportController.exportCharacterBasedDocument(ICharacterBasedConverter converter)
at MemoQ.DocConverterFramework.ExportWorker.Export()

Could anybody help me? What is the reason for this error and how can I solve it?

NK

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Finnish to French
A couple of workarounds worth trying Nov 2, 2012

Just in case you haven't tried it yet: sometimes, there are operations that result in an error such as the one you encountered; if you close memoQ, restart it and try again, it may then work. No guarantee it will work, but worth trying anyway.

The second solution that comes to mind is reimporting the original document, retranslating it (should be very fast) and try exporting again.

Other than that: open a case with support(at)kilgray.com, though I understand a week-end
... See more
Just in case you haven't tried it yet: sometimes, there are operations that result in an error such as the one you encountered; if you close memoQ, restart it and try again, it may then work. No guarantee it will work, but worth trying anyway.

The second solution that comes to mind is reimporting the original document, retranslating it (should be very fast) and try exporting again.

Other than that: open a case with support(at)kilgray.com, though I understand a week-end just started.
Collapse

Michelle Kusuda
Michelle Kusuda  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:20
English to Spanish
+ ...
I had the same problem, had to reload program to fix it! Nov 2, 2012

Nikita Kobrin wrote:

Working in MemoQ 6.0.63 I try to export an active document but instead I got the following error notice:

File handling exception.

Details:

TYPE:
System.IO.IOException

SOURCE:
mscorlib

CALL STACK:
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, DirectorySecurity dirSecurity)
at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path, DirectorySecurity directorySecurity)
at MemoQ.DocConverterFramework.ExportController.exportCharacterBasedDocument(ICharacterBasedConverter converter)
at MemoQ.DocConverterFramework.ExportWorker.Export()

Could anybody help me? What is the reason for this error and how can I solve it?

NK

The same thing happened to me. I had to download all windows 7 updates and reload MemoQ and then it worked great! Good luck!

[Edited at 2012-11-02 22:06 GMT]

Nikita Kobrin
Lithuania
Member (2010)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Workaround found but the feature still doesn't work Nov 3, 2012

Thanks, Michelle and Dominique, for your replies!

Michelle Kusuda wrote:
I had to download all windows 7 updates and reload MemoQ and then it worked great! Good luck!

I'm not quite sure what you mean under 'reload': restart or reinstall? But anyway I've got dozens of other programs installed on my computer and MemoQ is for the moment the only one I experience problems with. I'm practically sure that the problem is not with my Windows 7 but with MemoQ.

Dominique Pivard wrote:

if you close memoQ, restart it and try again, it may then work

No, it doesn't work in my case.

Dominique Pivard wrote:

I have done it but with some precaution as I didn't want to risk. Instead of reimporting the original document I made a copy of it under a different file name, imported the the copy into MemoQ and pre-translated it using my translation memory for this project.

I should say that I'm quite happy that I took precaution and didn't reimport the original document: the result was not satisfactory. The matter is that working on this project I quite often join segments and all those joined segments can't be pre-translated automatically. It means a lot of manual work while it is still unknown whether it will be possible to export the resulted document.

But I have found another 'workaround'. The matter is that initially I tried to export an active document by going in MemoQ translation window to 'Project' > 'Export Active Document'. As you know it didn't (and still doesn't) work. This morning I went to MemoQ 'Project Home' > 'Translations' window and tried to export from there using 'Export (dialog)'. Thank God it works! Thereby I was saved and now I can deliver my project on time BUT...

The MemoQ 'Export Active Document' feature in translation window still doesn't work and it is disturbing. Therefore I still hope to hear from experienced users or MemoQ support on what is the reason for this error and how it can be solved and avoided.

NK

[Edited at 2012-11-03 12:04 GMT]

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Finnish to French
TM-driven segmentation Nov 3, 2012

Nikita Kobrin wrote:
I should say that I'm quite happy that I took precaution and didn't reimport the original document: the result was not satisfactory. The matter is that working on this project I quite often join segments and all those joined segments can't be pre-translated automatically. It means a lot of manual work while it is still unknown whether it will be possible to export the resulted document.

The TM-driven segmentation setting should take care of this situation:

Aren't you using it when pre-translating?

Nikita Kobrin
Lithuania
Member (2010)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
MemoQ doesn't like something in corresponding TM segments Nov 4, 2012

Dominique Pivard wrote:

The TM-driven segmentation setting should take care of this situation:

Aren't you using it when pre-translating?

Dominique, I have just repeated the operation paying special attention to these settings. Still there are a lot of segments that have not been automatically pre-translated and should be dealt manually.

But this time the untranslated segments are of different kind (not those joined by me).

I will show on an example:

Source segment: Turning to his two partners Andrei said, “Well gentlemen, I think the deal is already in our pocket.

Corresponding TM segment: - Ну, господа, думаю, этот контракт уже у нас в кармане.

As you can see in translation there are some intentional changes made by me:

1. The opening part (Turning to his two partners Andrei said,) has been omitted.

2. Inverted commas (“) have been replaced with a dash (-).

It seems that though the source segment has its corresponding segment in the TM, MemoQ doesn't like something and doesn't consider it to be a match.

NK

ferreirac
ferreirac  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 13:20
Member (2013)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Just change the file extension before exporting in MemoQ Jun 17, 2014

Just go to the folder were the SDL Studio Package original was, make a copy of it, and change the package file extension from SDLPPX to sdlrpx, before exporting in MemoQ.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ problem: I can't export a document

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »