Filippe Vasconcellos de Freitas Guimarães
Filippe Vasconcellos de Freitas Guimarães  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 08:03
Member (2009)
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Jul 28, 2010

A brilliant post from one of my favorite blogs. "Whether it is interpreting a physicians handwriting, transcribing the muffled rants of the dictating clinician or battling the auto-correct function of microsoft word…meaning can sometimes be lost in translation..."

Transcriptionists would probably find these funnier, but I've certainly run into my fair share of... maladaptive changes
... See more
A brilliant post from one of my favorite blogs. "Whether it is interpreting a physicians handwriting, transcribing the muffled rants of the dictating clinician or battling the auto-correct function of microsoft word…meaning can sometimes be lost in translation..."

Transcriptionists would probably find these funnier, but I've certainly run into my fair share of... maladaptive changes in event-related brain networks*:

http://lifeinthefastlane.com/2010/07/lost-in-translation

*Brownie (not browniz) points to whoever can find the scholarly source of this gem.
Collapse

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:03
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Thanks for sharing Jul 28, 2010

Brought tears to my eyes this morning! LOL

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
WOW! Jul 28, 2010

Incredible.

Christina Paiva
Christina Paiva  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 08:03
Portuguese to English
+ ...
:D Jul 28, 2010

What can I say? Brilliant and REALLY FUNNY

THANK YOU !!!!

BTW, I make the BEST brownies in my neighborhood, so.. if you decide to attend Proz conference in SP this weekend - let me know ... you deserve a double recipe of homemade brownies

Chris

Daniela Zambrini
Daniela Zambrini  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
a good laugh helps to start the day with a smile! Jul 28, 2010

Really funny, I wouldn't know which one to pick as most hilarious!

marie-christine périé
marie-christine périé  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Added it to my favorites Jul 28, 2010

That was hilarious, thank you for a great morning laugh!
But be careful, I began browsing the blog and had real trouble getting back to work...

Marie-Christine

Mailand
Mailand  Identity Verified
Member (2009)
Italian to German
+ ...
Thanks Jul 28, 2010

I'm a paying member of proz.com and I will probably renew even though my work load has not increased much because of it, but it's worth supporting a website like it because of the positive side-effects it has, such as a real good laugh every now and then.

Evonymus (Ewa Kazmierczak)
Evonymus (Ewa Kazmierczak)  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2010)
English to Polish
+ ...
abnormal lover Jul 28, 2010

excellent! thanks for sharing My favourites no. 26, 29 and 33, except for an abnormal lover of course

[Edited at 2010-07-28 08:33 GMT]

avsie (X)
avsie (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Brings back memories Jul 28, 2010

This brings back memories from my years working as a nurse. Doctors, nurses and other healthcare workers aren't always the best at expressing themselves in writing, and this usually leads to these kinds of hilarious bits of text - I've read my share of them

My favorite: Rectal examination revealed a normal size thyroid.

I just don't want to know...
See more
This brings back memories from my years working as a nurse. Doctors, nurses and other healthcare workers aren't always the best at expressing themselves in writing, and this usually leads to these kinds of hilarious bits of text - I've read my share of them

My favorite: Rectal examination revealed a normal size thyroid.

I just don't want to know
Collapse

Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
<laugh> Jul 28, 2010

Very funny..

Here's a medical joke for all of you to laugh. lol

"

A beautiful, voluptuous woman went to a local gynecologist. The doctor took one look at her and all his professionalism went out the window. He immediately asked her to undress, afterwhich the doctor began to stroke her thigh.

Doing so, he asked her, "Do you know what I'm doing?" "Yes," she replied, "you're checking for any abrasions or dermatological abnormalities." "That i
... See more
Very funny..

Here's a medical joke for all of you to laugh. lol

"

A beautiful, voluptuous woman went to a local gynecologist. The doctor took one look at her and all his professionalism went out the window. He immediately asked her to undress, afterwhich the doctor began to stroke her thigh.

Doing so, he asked her, "Do you know what I'm doing?" "Yes," she replied, "you're checking for any abrasions or dermatological abnormalities." "That is right," said the doctor.

He then began to fondle her breasts. "Do you know what I'm doing now?" he asked. "Yes," the woman said, "you're checking for any lumps or breast cancer." "Correct," replied the shady doctor.

Finally, he mounted his patient and started having sexual intercourse with her. He asked, "Do you know what I'm doing now?" "Yes," she said. "You're getting herpes; which is why I came here in the first place."

"
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Medical translators only

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »