Mykhailo Voloshko
Mykhailo Voloshko  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 22:22
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Mar 15, 2010

Discovery channel wants people to show their variants of "Boom-de-ah-da" songs.
What if we could make a translator's boom-de-ah-da song? Here's the beginning

I Love Translation

(Dialogue)
Translator 1: Human translation will never become obsolete?
Translator 2: Nope.
Translator 1: It kinda makes you w
... See more
Discovery channel wants people to show their variants of "Boom-de-ah-da" songs.
What if we could make a translator's boom-de-ah-da song? Here's the beginning

I Love Translation

(Dialogue)
Translator 1: Human translation will never become obsolete?
Translator 2: Nope.
Translator 1: It kinda makes you want to…
Translator 2: Break into song?
Translator 1: Yep.

I love the prozians (Henry)
We love bugs and big price (SDL)
We love translators (Kilgray)
I love to criticise (Kevin)
I love to sing songs (Sharon)
And draw the funny stuff (Alejandro)

Boom-de-ah-da, boom-de-ah-da

Your contributions are welcome. Smile

You can watch the original songs here: http://www.wordhord.com/2010/03/bum-di-a-da-bum-di-a-da/

[Edited at 2010-03-15 12:56 GMT]

[Edited at 2010-03-15 12:57 GMT]
Collapse

apk12
apk12  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:22
English to German
+ ...
p.2 Mar 15, 2010

I love Machine Translation (Proofreader with a sheet in front of him, full of red correction signs, crossed out words and shouting signs, more red than black or white on the sheet, then camera turns to the computer screen, you see the invoice there: "0.20 EUR per source word for rescuing the client from an embarrassing experience...")
I love the bug reports (Translator looking desperate at first glimpse, going crazy about a new bug. but then there`s a cut and the cam takes a
... See more
I love Machine Translation (Proofreader with a sheet in front of him, full of red correction signs, crossed out words and shouting signs, more red than black or white on the sheet, then camera turns to the computer screen, you see the invoice there: "0.20 EUR per source word for rescuing the client from an embarrassing experience...")
I love the bug reports (Translator looking desperate at first glimpse, going crazy about a new bug. but then there`s a cut and the cam takes a look onto the PC screen: the desparate translator just writes his invoice: "ADDITIONALLY CHARGED HOURS FOR BUG FIXING OF SOFTWARE REQUIRED DUE TO CLIENT'S WISH: 1.500 USD" - Translator smiles again...)
We love hesitation (Agency PM just receiving a translator`s invoice and writes down: no time now for this. job was ok but we'll pay him next year...)
We love the crowd of words (a L...In and a f...book staff member)
We love to ah-aut-source (choire of an Indian agency's staff just trying to catch an extremely competitive 0.00012 USD/w.-vendor from the Philippines, native in French, English, Dutch, Hungarian AND German at once on an outsourcing platform)
We love detonation (A crowd of translators in front of monitors just showing another error message with all of their computers just bursting out at once in a beautiful special-effects-scene...)

Boom-de-ah-da, !!BOOM!!-de-ah-da

:]

(man... time to get back to work now...)

[Edited at 2010-03-15 14:21 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translators' Boom-de-ah-da

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »