Off topic: The things you find when you were researching something else...
Thread poster: Fiona Grace Peterson
Fiona Grace Peterson
Fiona Grace Peterson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 21:48
Italian to English
Feb 19, 2010

and something vaguely related, i.e. Spellcheck "Suggestions"!!

Recently it was suggested I might want to change the city name "Imola" to "immoral"

And while looking for MART, Ravenna (Italy), to find out exactly what kind of museum/gallery it is, I am offered lots of Ghits for Walmart, Ravenna, OH...

Any others?

[Edite
... See more
and something vaguely related, i.e. Spellcheck "Suggestions"!!

Recently it was suggested I might want to change the city name "Imola" to "immoral"

And while looking for MART, Ravenna (Italy), to find out exactly what kind of museum/gallery it is, I am offered lots of Ghits for Walmart, Ravenna, OH...

Any others?

[Edited at 2010-02-19 14:19 GMT]
Collapse

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:48
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
naise Feb 19, 2010

Answering a question about shoe naises (which turned out to be a typo for shoe laces), I discovered that a naise is "a homosexual German who likes to dress in women's clothing".

Jennifer Forbes
Jennifer Forbes  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:48
French to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Shoes? Feb 19, 2010

Jack Doughty wrote:

Answering a question about shoe naises (which turned out to be a typo for shoe laces), I discovered that a naise is "a homosexual German who likes to dress in women's clothing".

Women's shoes, in particular, in this case, I assume.
Regards,
Jenny

Noni Gilbert Riley
Noni Gilbert Riley
Spain
Local time: 21:48
Spanish to English
+ ...
And this looked such a promising thread... Feb 21, 2010

...but I was surprised to see such a tiny response. But then maybe this is because, like me, although this has indeed happened to you, now you can't remember what at that moment seemed so fascinating. Perhaps because you gave yourself a strict talking to and went back to work rather than pursuing the much more interesting thing you were looking at. Or maybe because you are like me and can't remember things from one day to the next, however riveting they seemed at the time....

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The things you find when you were researching something else...

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »