Thread poster: Therrien
Therrien
Therrien  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 19:31
English to French
+ ...
Jun 27, 2008

I feel like a little mouse on the desk of a translator.

I was given a TM for my pretranslated series of documents.

I came to befriend one translator called SAM (as written on the workbench), while I did not know who he was nor where he was from.

I liked his style, and I learned from him as much as I would like to do the same in my
added corrections.

I imagined the funny scenario while brewing my second cup of coffee where I could meet him
... See more
I feel like a little mouse on the desk of a translator.

I was given a TM for my pretranslated series of documents.

I came to befriend one translator called SAM (as written on the workbench), while I did not know who he was nor where he was from.

I liked his style, and I learned from him as much as I would like to do the same in my
added corrections.

I imagined the funny scenario while brewing my second cup of coffee where I could meet him one day and tap a bewildered SAM on the shoulder to say : "Good one on the 'such and such' segment, I could not find it anywhere else!"

After staring at SAM generated translation segments for hours on end, I came to talk to my screen with comments like : "Sam, oh Sam, you missed that one there." or "Hey you were right, afterall!"

I mentionned the subject to my wife and she raised an eyebrow with a smirk. To play the tune some more I started even saying : "Sam gave me a hard time, today." I have spent too much days in the solitary confinement with a computer, she thought.

Oh well, I don't mind this concept passing for another French excentrism; that's how I won her heart anyway.

Best:

Alex

[Edited at 2008-06-27 20:10]

[Edited at 2008-06-27 20:11]
Collapse

George Hopkins
George Hopkins
Local time: 03:31
Swedish to English
He? Jul 9, 2008

Of course, Sam, like Alex, could be a "she".

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Your Trados mémoires

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »