Fabio Descalzi  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 02:41
Member (2004)
German to Spanish
+ ...
And a powwow is coming too Jul 8, 2008

Hi all

As usual in every Conference, we are holding our end-of-conference Powwow too: http://www.proz.com/powwow/2080

For those who don't know: in Uruguay, 25th August is a national holiday; and for the last three decades we have had yet another tradition, LA NOCHE DE LA NOSTALGIA (Nostalgia Night). The night before our national holiday, every dancing club, broadcasting st
... See more
Hi all

As usual in every Conference, we are holding our end-of-conference Powwow too: http://www.proz.com/powwow/2080

For those who don't know: in Uruguay, 25th August is a national holiday; and for the last three decades we have had yet another tradition, LA NOCHE DE LA NOSTALGIA (Nostalgia Night). The night before our national holiday, every dancing club, broadcasting station and many events play nostalgic music (Oldies).

This powwow will be... "a nostalgic powwow"!

So, you see: if the mission statement for a Conference is "learning, networking and fun", this will be a great opportunity for that

CheerZ,
Fabio
Collapse

Fabio Descalzi
Fabio Descalzi  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Member (2004)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Many, many thank youZ!!! Aug 26, 2008

Dear everybody

The Regional Conference in Montevideo was a great opportunity to meet people from many places and scopes of activity.

Thank you, participants, for making this possible; your crowd looked so lovely and lively! An especial thank you to the participants from other countries, that made it more than just "regional". Thank you, speakers, advisors, ProZ.com staff, institutions, hotel staff, and every other person that made it possible.

CheerZ,
... See more
Dear everybody

The Regional Conference in Montevideo was a great opportunity to meet people from many places and scopes of activity.

Thank you, participants, for making this possible; your crowd looked so lovely and lively! An especial thank you to the participants from other countries, that made it more than just "regional". Thank you, speakers, advisors, ProZ.com staff, institutions, hotel staff, and every other person that made it possible.

CheerZ,
Fabio Descalzi
Organizer
Collapse

Andres Fekete
Andres Fekete  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
Thanks for everything Fabio, it was great! Aug 27, 2008

This was my first translation conference, and I must say that it truly inspired me. It was great to actually meet people who do what I do. After an event like this you come to realize that translation is not a solitary activity. There's a great community behind it all, and I look forward to future participation.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ.com event to be held in Montevideo, Uruguay in August

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »