Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spanje
Local time: 22:20
Spaans naar Engels
+ ...
Sep 28, 2011

Hi all,

Anyone living or simply staying in Granada on Translators' Day?

The literary translators' association ACEtt and Grupo Tibonidas, backed by ASETRAD and APTIC, are holding:

29 Sept.: Multilingual reading of Romantic poets (Hölderlin, Keats and Pushkin) at 20:30 in Hotel Hospes Palacio de los Patos (Solarillo de Gracia, 1).

30 Sept.: "Alien versus Translator" - the reading of several automatic translations into other languages of a brief
... See more
Hi all,

Anyone living or simply staying in Granada on Translators' Day?

The literary translators' association ACEtt and Grupo Tibonidas, backed by ASETRAD and APTIC, are holding:

29 Sept.: Multilingual reading of Romantic poets (Hölderlin, Keats and Pushkin) at 20:30 in Hotel Hospes Palacio de los Patos (Solarillo de Gracia, 1).

30 Sept.: "Alien versus Translator" - the reading of several automatic translations into other languages of a brief Spanish text at 20:00 in the Palacio de Santa Cruz of the Granada Centre of Modern Languages.

Announcement at: http://tibonidas.wordpress.com/2011/09/23/celebracion-del-dia-del-traductor-2011-en-granada/

Should anyone be going, I'm particularly interested in hearing a recap of the 30 September event

Pretty please?

Cecilia
Collapse

neilmac
neilmac
Spanje
Spaans naar Engels
+ ...
Me too Sep 28, 2011

Parrot wrote:
Should anyone be going, I'm particularly interested in hearing a recap of the 30 September event

Pretty please?

Cecilia

Should be a hoot. I still have a 20th century version of Systran which translates "piña" as "fragmentation grenade"...

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spanje
Spaans naar Engels
+ ...
ONDERWERPSTARTER
Piña Colada Sep 28, 2011

Strained Fragmentation Grenade

Sure you didn't get that from a military application?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(en) van dit forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Alien versus Translator"

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »