Laura Arias
Laura Arias
Spain
Local time: 19:52
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 5, 2009

Hello everyone:

My name is Laura, and I obtained the Japanese Language Proficency Test Level 2.
I worked as a Manga/Japanese Comic Translator during two years, but now I am considering to specialize in any field: legal, technical, etc.

Does any of you know about any online or distance training with Japanese as Source Language? My mother tongue is Spanish. As it could be difficult to find, maybe a Japanese>English is more frequent.

Thanks.

Shigeki Ohbayashi
Shigeki Ohbayashi  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 02:52
Member (2004)
French to Japanese
+ ...
日本語 オンライントレーニング Nov 5, 2009

こんにちは

日本語オンライントレーニングのサイト2つありました。

http://www.j-os.com/faqJ.html 

http://www.japonin.com/jp/corporate-service.php 

English でも読めます。 参考になれば嬉しいです。

Bon courage

Geraldine Oudin
Geraldine Oudin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Japanese to French
+ ...
Into Spanish Nov 6, 2009

Hi Laura,

Unfortunately I do not know about translation courses into Spanish, but I would definitely recommend you look for training into your native language rather than into English.

The complete understanding of the source language is not enough to make a good translator, perfect mastery of the target language is as much important (maybe even more important). In fact, and it has been discussed on a different thread recently, being a native doesn't even mean one can
... See more
Hi Laura,

Unfortunately I do not know about translation courses into Spanish, but I would definitely recommend you look for training into your native language rather than into English.

The complete understanding of the source language is not enough to make a good translator, perfect mastery of the target language is as much important (maybe even more important). In fact, and it has been discussed on a different thread recently, being a native doesn't even mean one can write well enough to be a translator...

If your English is not native (and I can tell it isn't), you shouldn't be translating into English. If you can't find online training into Spanish, maybe you should enrol for a course at University. It may not be as concevient, but you will be taught in your native language and will learn much more than online...

That said, as a native French speaker, I can understand your frustration.
Collapse

Laura Arias
Laura Arias
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not very easy to find... Nov 6, 2009

Well, maybe my newbie-ness makes me think wrong, but the only chance I think I have is to obtain that specialization twice - First into English, later into Spanish (or the opposite).

Japanese language option at University is only found at Barcelona (perhaps also at Madrid), and as a C language (A language= Spanish(native), B= usually English/French, C=rest of options (from German to Japanese). So the technical field is really hard to attain (If anyone reads this and can provide a mo
... See more
Well, maybe my newbie-ness makes me think wrong, but the only chance I think I have is to obtain that specialization twice - First into English, later into Spanish (or the opposite).

Japanese language option at University is only found at Barcelona (perhaps also at Madrid), and as a C language (A language= Spanish(native), B= usually English/French, C=rest of options (from German to Japanese). So the technical field is really hard to attain (If anyone reads this and can provide a more accurate information, please let us know...).

On the other hand, I found interesting options here:

http://www.e-yakushiyo.net/index.htm

すし太郎さん、とてもおもしろかったリンクです。翻訳より、ビジネス日本語トレイニングスクールのほうですが、とにかく探させていただいてありがとうございます。

よらしくおねがいます。
Collapse

Geraldine Oudin
Geraldine Oudin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Japanese to French
+ ...
Translation or Interpreting? Nov 7, 2009

To my knowledge, the A, B, C language classification is only for interpreting, not for translation. In most French translation schools, students translate exclusively into their native language. Interpreters interpret into their A (native) and B (perfect command even though not native) languages, C being a source language only. This has nothing to do with working with technical material or not. You may interpret very technical things from C into A...For more information, you can check the AIIC w... See more
To my knowledge, the A, B, C language classification is only for interpreting, not for translation. In most French translation schools, students translate exclusively into their native language. Interpreters interpret into their A (native) and B (perfect command even though not native) languages, C being a source language only. This has nothing to do with working with technical material or not. You may interpret very technical things from C into A...For more information, you can check the AIIC website.

Once again, to me it makes no sense to translate into a language which is not one's native language. Even if you make no grammatical mistakes, you will never get the feel of the language like a native do, so your translations will never be as good as translations written by a native. Translation is not only about accuracy, it has to flow...

Ps: How about a BA or MA in Japanese Language? When I did mine, I spent my days (and most of my nights) translating from Japanese into French in a variety of fields. Of course, it doesn't give you a diploma of interpreting, but it still teaches you how to translate.

[Modifié le 2009-11-07 03:23 GMT]
Collapse

Florence_G (X)
Florence_G (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
new one Nov 26, 2009

I found this one.

http://www.tc-newvel.com/japanese/members/top.html

It seems totally new, so I don't know if it is a good recommendation.

I'm trying to find translation taining in japanese too.

But, like Geraldine said, it must be to your native language.

And Japanese > French, well, difficult to find...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Takeshi MIYAHARA[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Searching for Japanese translation training

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »