Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
How to deal with clients who want queries delivered earlier than the translation?
Thread poster: Max Jeremiah
Peter Motte
Peter Motte  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 15:10
Member (2009)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Send early Jan 23

I never wait to send queries till the deadline.
I like to deliver a good translation, and I can't do that if my queries aren't answered.
No need to wait till the last moment.

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida

Daryo
Daryo
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:10
Serbian to English
+ ...
Looks like Jan 24

this question should be replaced with "how to deal with translators who wait for the last moment to ask for clarifications".

I have no interest whatsoever in being / acting as an agency, but as translator you won't get very far if you ignore the agency's viewpoint, especially when it comes to perfectly justified expectations, like "if you need help, don't wait for the last second to ask for it."

Peter Motte

philgoddard
philgoddard
United States
German to English
+ ...
I totally sympathize with Max, the original poster Jan 28

I often have this problem.

The agency doesn't allow itself enough time to deal with queries, which are the mark of a good translator.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to deal with clients who want queries delivered earlier than the translation?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »