James Muir
James Muir  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 11:03
Chinese to English
Jul 15, 2019

Hi everyone,

(Windows 10 64 bit)

I am just beginning to use WFP5 with a licence now after using in demo and using WFA for a few years.

I have been using Trados a while, so migration is a little painful; but I cannot work out why I do not have a "confirm all" option in translation editor. (Mark all as translated in studio.)

Essentially if I am leveraging from a TM - so I have opened the file, then I hit "translate all" to get as many 100% matche
... See more
Hi everyone,

(Windows 10 64 bit)

I am just beginning to use WFP5 with a licence now after using in demo and using WFA for a few years.

I have been using Trados a while, so migration is a little painful; but I cannot work out why I do not have a "confirm all" option in translation editor. (Mark all as translated in studio.)

Essentially if I am leveraging from a TM - so I have opened the file, then I hit "translate all" to get as many 100% matches propagated as possible, leaving me with just the new stuff to translate, next up would be to fill in the untranslated and go about confirming it all so that the progress bar at the base of the screen reads 100%.

I do not have a confirm all/unconfirm all option at the top of the screen (just single confirms) & the ctrl, shift enter shortcut does not work for me. Alt down sometimes seems okay; next segment makes it turn purple; but the issue is not so much the verification and confirming, it's that I want to be able to do 150 or so at once, rather than doing each one singularly!

As an aside, and if I have to for example do each one individually with a click on the check to the right of the screen, how do I get rid of the black box that floats there stopping me from doing anything?

Sort of seems ridiculously slow at the moment, please help!
Collapse

Stefan Stefanov
Stefan Stefanov  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 06:03
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Use the "Commit All" button Jul 15, 2019

You can use the "Commit All" button – that's what it does, it confirms all segments at once and writes their translation to the TM.

Although I don't quite understand why you're not confirming each segment (Alt + Down) as you work your way through the file. I only use "Commit All" after I've run spell check or Transcheck (during which the amended segment is not automatically confirmed).

Roger Matthews
Roger Matthews  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:03
German to English
+ ...
Confirm all problems Sep 5, 2019

I'm having the same problem with confirm all with WFP5
The progress bar keeps saying random percentages when I know I have confirmed every segment - I have also confirmed all using ctrl+shift+enter - but it is still on less than 90%...
I have tried filtering all unconfirmed segments, but there are no results. What am I missing?
Thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Confirming all

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »