Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 00:14
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Oct 22, 2018

From the customer I got a csv-file, but it is all one mess. How can I get a table out of it?
Or how could I analyse the ungoing project in WFP 3? I looked in online help, but it looks a mess there too.

Michael Davies
Michael Davies  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 23:14
Member (2009)
Danish to English
+ ...
CSV file: comma separated values Oct 22, 2018

You need to open the file in Excel (or Open / Libre Office if you use that) - it depends a bit on which version of Excel (or Open / Libre Office) you have available.

In Excel 365, I would import the file using Data > From Text / CSV (or whatever the equivalent is in your language version). You should then see a table displaying the imported data in a preview - you may, possibly need to change the value separator to a semi-colon (;) depending on what the client has selected as separa
... See more
You need to open the file in Excel (or Open / Libre Office if you use that) - it depends a bit on which version of Excel (or Open / Libre Office) you have available.

In Excel 365, I would import the file using Data > From Text / CSV (or whatever the equivalent is in your language version). You should then see a table displaying the imported data in a preview - you may, possibly need to change the value separator to a semi-colon (;) depending on what the client has selected as separator.

I would then save the resulting file as Excel (.xls og .xlsx) before opening it in your WFP CAT (if you want to translate it, that is).

Hope this works for you!

[Edited at 2018-10-22 13:43 GMT]
Collapse

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 00:14
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Michael Oct 22, 2018

Now I see.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

.csv-file of analysis, can't understand it

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »