Patrick Wahl
Patrick Wahl  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 10:53
Portuguese to German
+ ...
May 23, 2016

Hi,

can I import a Trados Package in sdlppx format in Wordfast Pro 3 or 4? Is there any turnaround or a possible conversion the client could do, so I could work with it?

Thanks everybody and happy Monday

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 14:53
Member (2006)
French to English
Rename to .zip May 23, 2016

Hi Patrick,

The best way is to ask your client to send you the SDLXLIFF file if possible. One of my clients does that for me and it makes things much easier. You translate and they can easily update the project on their end with the translated file.

Otherwise, you can change the extension to .zip, unzip it, and then import the SDLXLIFF file(s) for translation in Wordfast Pro.

Finally, we are working on an automated extractor so that you can drop SDL packag
... See more
Hi Patrick,

The best way is to ask your client to send you the SDLXLIFF file if possible. One of my clients does that for me and it makes things much easier. You translate and they can easily update the project on their end with the translated file.

Otherwise, you can change the extension to .zip, unzip it, and then import the SDLXLIFF file(s) for translation in Wordfast Pro.

Finally, we are working on an automated extractor so that you can drop SDL packages in directly to Wordfast, open and translate.

Hope this helps!

John
Collapse

Patrick Wahl
Brazil
Portuguese to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Helped May 23, 2016

Easy.

Thank you, John!

Patrick Wahl
Brazil
Portuguese to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
WFP 5 - trados RETURN package Oct 22, 2018

Euphorically about the new "Import Package" function in WFP 5 I accepted a job by my client and imported the SDLPPX.

Now I get a GLP for the export. Any way to obtain a SDLPPX return package?

Thanks for a quick and short answer since it's kind of urgent.

Happy Monday

Lucia Messuti
Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
SDL return package Oct 22, 2018

Hi Patrick,

maybe you hav already tried, but there are to "return package" icons, one for the glp and one for the sdlppx as when you import a package.

Have a nice day
Lucia

Patrick Wahl
Brazil
Portuguese to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
? Oct 22, 2018

I only see one big "Export Package" icon in the right upper corner.

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Not yet possible Oct 22, 2018

Dear Patrick,
The return package feature has not yet been implemented.
After you save your SDLXLIFF file as translated, you can send that file to your client.

For other reading this thread, please send a feedback report (under the Help tab) if generating a return package is something you want. It will help developers prioritize it.

Thanks,
John

Patrick Wahl

Patrick Wahl
Brazil
Portuguese to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the information Oct 22, 2018

Ok, will send a feedback. Thank you, John.

How to import in WordfastPro the project TM's contained in the Studio package Apr 14, 2020

I am using SDL Studio. We also work with agencies using Studio. We sent them packages containing project TM's based on our already translated relevant content.

However, one of the agencies we work with uses Wordfast Pro. I read you can import a SDL-package into Wordfast Pro but you can't access the project TM's. Is there a way they can access these project TM's?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

sdlppx - Trados Package to be imported?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »