Kazuyuki OGAWA
Kazuyuki OGAWA  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 09:37
English to Japanese
+ ...
Jan 22, 2018

Hi,

After a long interval since I used it last, I encountered an error launching SDL MultiTerm 2017 Desktop, saying:
"Cannot validate SDL plug-in: Sdl.Desktop.Telemetry.TelemetryStartup, Sdl.Desktop.Telemetry, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888 :".

On the other hand, I can launch and use SDL Multiterm 2017 Convert.

Could someone kindly help me?

Best regards,
Kaz

Kazuyuki OGAWA
Japan
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
My platform is Windows7 64-bit Professional Edition. Jan 22, 2018

My platform is Windows7 64-bit version, Professional Edition.

DZiW (X)
DZiW (X)
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
http://kb.sdl.com/ Jan 23, 2018

Hello, Kaz

After what events (update/new software/maintenance...) and which troubleshooting approaches (system restore/backup...) you tried?

Have you already checked the official site/Wiki and namely https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/90/t/3260 ?

Cheers

Kazuyuki OGAWA
Japan
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I repaired the installation, but it did not work. Jan 23, 2018

Hi DZiW,

Many thanks for your kind response.

The detailed message is as follows, but I am lazy to modify Windows Registry since modifying it may cause my PC never to start again:

"
Cannot validate SDL plug-in: Sdl.Desktop.Telemetry.TelemetryStartup, Sdl.Desktop.Telemetry, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888 :

Sdl.Core.PluginFramework.PluginFrameworkException, Sdl.Core.PluginFramework, Version=1.8.0.0
... See more
Hi DZiW,

Many thanks for your kind response.

The detailed message is as follows, but I am lazy to modify Windows Registry since modifying it may cause my PC never to start again:

"
Cannot validate SDL plug-in: Sdl.Desktop.Telemetry.TelemetryStartup, Sdl.Desktop.Telemetry, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888 :

Sdl.Core.PluginFramework.PluginFrameworkException, Sdl.Core.PluginFramework, Version=1.8.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888

Sdl.Core.PluginFramework

System.IO.FileNotFoundException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Sdl.Desktop.Telemetry, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888
警告: アセンブリ バインドのログ記録がオフにされています。
アセンブリ バインドのエラー ログを有効にするには、レジストリ値 [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) を 1 に設定してください。
注意: アセンブリ バインドのエラー ログに関連するパフォーマンス ペナルティがあります。
この機能をオフにするには、レジストリ値 [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] を削除します。

mscorlib

SDL MultiTerm
MultiTerm14
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Service Pack 1
Ogawa_64-bit-PC\Ogawa_64-bit
OGAWA_64-BIT-PC
True
8257624 MB

"

On the other hand, I repaired my MultiTerm Desktop, but it did not work.

I hope these pieces of information are useful for you.

Kind regards,
Kaz
Collapse

Kazuyuki OGAWA
Japan
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Re: After what events (update/new software/maintenance...) Jan 23, 2018

Here is my reply to your question: "After what events (update/new software/maintenance...)":

I performed a MultiTerm Convert from an Excel file (to an xml file) and the conversion seemed to me successful.

Could this information be useful?

Kazuyuki OGAWA
Japan
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Workaround: A glossary created in MultiTerm 2014 can be accessed from within Trados Studio 2017!! Jan 27, 2018

Hi,

I have found a workaround:
A glossary created in MultiTerm 2014 can be accessed from within Trados Studio 2017!!

I dedicate my thankfulness to SDL development team for allowing this.

Best,

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Became unable to launch SDL MultiTerm 2017 due to Telemetry error

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »