TranslationProviderThrewException (Trados Studio 2015)
Thread poster: Willa95
Willa95
Willa95
France
Local time: 05:38
Spanish to French
+ ...
Jan 22, 2018

Hello,

I am translating various files with multiple TM servers from my client and my own TM for this client in particular. I have used the same process for a long time now and everything has worked perfectly until this morning.

I was translating and saving my work (Alt+) segment after segment when suddenly, my computer shuted down unexpectedly.
When I reopened Trados, they offered me to reopen the most recent file and I said "Yes".
I go on my work on my file
... See more
Hello,

I am translating various files with multiple TM servers from my client and my own TM for this client in particular. I have used the same process for a long time now and everything has worked perfectly until this morning.

I was translating and saving my work (Alt+) segment after segment when suddenly, my computer shuted down unexpectedly.
When I reopened Trados, they offered me to reopen the most recent file and I said "Yes".
I go on my work on my file but at one segment (perhaps when the computer shut down but I am not sure), I had this message for the first time in the TM section: "Un problème s'est produit au cours de la traduction. Reportez-vous à la fenêtre des messages pour plus d'informations".

When I closed and reopened my document I had the following message: "Une erreur s'est produite durant l'utilisation du fournisseur de traductions "X_EN" (the name of my own TM) : Le fichier de données de la mémoire de traduction est corrompu."

Indeed, I can see that the following translated segments are NOT saved in my own TM...
Then, when I tried to analyze my file to see the wordcount (analyse en mode Batch), I had the following mesage: "TranslationProviderThrewException".

I really don't know what to do here. I even tried to reopen a new file and saved my segments once again but the problem is not the file here. The problem is clearly linked to my TM. Does this have to do with my computer?

Could you please help me?

Thank you very much for your help,

Willa
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TranslationProviderThrewException (Trados Studio 2015)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »