Thread poster: ..... (X)
Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:53
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Pestering Dec 14, 2017

As far as I can see, this thing still depends on outsourcers taking the time and trouble to provide feedback on the service they have received from translators.

I have no intention of pestering the outsourcers with whom I work, to try and cajole them into leaving feedback about me. It's up to them if they want to do that.

Personally speaking, if an outsourcer comes back to me again and again with work, that's the only WWA I need.

Oksana Weiss
Oksana Weiss  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:53
Member (2011)
German to English
+ ...
Pin to the top is top! Dec 14, 2017

Thank you, Kevin, for sharing this. I find "Pin to the top" feature really helpful.

erickl
erickl
New Zealand
Local time: 04:53
English to French
+ ...
Improvement? Dec 17, 2017

I can go on the old feedback page, and view everything for which I have to scroll forever on the new page to see less; looks to me that the old page was perfectly alright until somebody improved it!

Maria Popova
Maria Popova  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 19:53
Member (2011)
German to Bulgarian
Different number of positive entries in feedback card Dec 17, 2017

Dear ProZ Staff,

Why is the number of positive entries in my new feedback card different to the number of positive entries in my old WWA? Also where can we find the pin function?

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
Feedback Dec 17, 2017

First of all, I fail to see how this is an improvement (in terms of functionality, features, informativeness, visuals, etc.) over the "old" WWA card or why it was needed, and more importantly, it appears to be kind of broken, as it lacks information that is present in the "old" version, such as the (clickable) BB entries linked to the users who left a WWA, for both the WWAs with and without comments.

As things stand, clients who left a positive WWA without writing a comment appear
... See more
First of all, I fail to see how this is an improvement (in terms of functionality, features, informativeness, visuals, etc.) over the "old" WWA card or why it was needed, and more importantly, it appears to be kind of broken, as it lacks information that is present in the "old" version, such as the (clickable) BB entries linked to the users who left a WWA, for both the WWAs with and without comments.

As things stand, clients who left a positive WWA without writing a comment appear as a "Willing to work with again: Yes" without any further indication (name, profile, BB record, date, etc.?).

Also, the "compact view", which is more similar but still less informative and functional than the "old" form, shows "You have chosen to hide this type of feedback" for each entry...
Collapse

..... (X)
..... (X)
Local time: 01:53
TOPIC STARTER
New WWA ratings Dec 18, 2017

Maria Popova wrote:
Why is the number of positive entries in my new feedback card different to the number of positive entries in my old WWA?

Hi Maria,

ProZ.com has had two feedback systems for translators. The first, WWA, accepted only positive reviews. The newest version, WWA ratings, allows reviewers to enter 1-5 stars.

The new feedback cards separate these two types of feedback (while the old WWA display does not). In your particular case, one of your more recent feedback entries is a rating.

Here is a sample image (not a real translator)

Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 11.42.43 AM

This hypothetical translator has 49 positive reviews and 41 ratings for a total of 90 feedback entries.

Maria Popova wrote:
Also where can we find the pin function?

The pin function can be found here:
Screen-Shot-2017-12-18-at-11.39.45-AM

@Mirko - thanks for the feedback, the Blue Board details of feedback givers has been added.

Maria Popova
Maria Popova  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 19:53
Member (2011)
German to Bulgarian
Thank you! Dec 18, 2017

Dear Kevin,

Thank you very much for your very helpful explanation!

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:53
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Colleague feedback missing? Dec 18, 2017

It seems that WWA feedback submitted by colleagues did not carry over to the new feedback cards.

..... (X)
..... (X)
TOPIC STARTER
Colleague feedback Dec 18, 2017

Katalin Horváth McClure wrote:

It seems that WWA feedback submitted by colleagues did not carry over to the new feedback cards.

Hi Katalin,

There is a tab for colleague feedback (see image below).

Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 7.41.50 AM

Katalin Horváth McClure
United States
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Yes, but it is not there Dec 19, 2017

Kevin Dias wrote:

Hi Katalin,

There is a tab for colleague feedback (see image below).

Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 7.41.50 AM

That’s exactly where I looked. It shows zero for me.

..... (X)
..... (X)
TOPIC STARTER
@Katalin Dec 19, 2017

That’s exactly where I looked. It shows zero for me.

Hi Katalin,

It should be fixed now. Thanks for pointing that out.

Erzsébet Czopyk
Erzsébet Czopyk  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2006)
Russian to Hungarian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
I do not understand Dec 25, 2017

the purpose of this and I have suddenly an entry from an agency which I have never heard of before, I do not know this agency and never received a PO from them. (https://www.proz.com/blueboard/541) and I never saw this entry before, and this is the only one which is negative (I always receive an e-mail when a new entry has been done)

"Never completed a project, stretched out communication
... See more
the purpose of this and I have suddenly an entry from an agency which I have never heard of before, I do not know this agency and never received a PO from them. (https://www.proz.com/blueboard/541) and I never saw this entry before, and this is the only one which is negative (I always receive an e-mail when a new entry has been done)

"Never completed a project, stretched out communication to infinity, than just vanished without a word."
AII - Oct 20, 2017
Average WWA rating given: 3.00 (2 entries) Auerbach Int'l, Inc., dba Translations Express / Auerbach International, Inc.

[Edited at 2017-12-25 22:07 GMT]
Collapse

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Abuse Dec 26, 2017

Erzsébet Czopyk wrote:

the purpose of this and I have suddenly an entry from an agency which I have never heard of before, I do not know this agency and never received a PO from them.

From what you say, it seems the system is open to abuse. Thanks for pointing this out. I have now made my WWA thing invisible on my profile and I suggest you do the same, by going to "owner view", and clicking on "Hide from visitors".

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Help please Dec 26, 2017

By mistake, I clicked on "Withdraw from BB/WWA network" and I want to reverse that decision. Please tell me how.

Katalin Horváth McClure
United States
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Support request is faster, I think Dec 26, 2017

Tom in London wrote:

By mistake, I clicked on "Withdraw from BB/WWA network" and I want to reverse that decision. Please tell me how.

Submit a support ticket, you should receive attention faster than by posting here.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Pre-release of WWA feedback cards

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »