Thread poster: Deschant
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 19:16
English to Thai
+ ...
Graphic converted table etc. Sep 18, 2010

My main headache on PowerPoint word count is graphic converted texts e.g. many table cell texts in PowerPoint. Trados and other CAT cannot count these word easily since they are recognized as graphic. I converted each table in PowerPoint back to Excel etc. by right-clicking in each PowerPoint slide and counted/translated with CAT tools. I added up all texts-converted-back-tables to get the total word counts. Not so easy but I can reasonably explain the client. I also don't want to install extra ... See more
My main headache on PowerPoint word count is graphic converted texts e.g. many table cell texts in PowerPoint. Trados and other CAT cannot count these word easily since they are recognized as graphic. I converted each table in PowerPoint back to Excel etc. by right-clicking in each PowerPoint slide and counted/translated with CAT tools. I added up all texts-converted-back-tables to get the total word counts. Not so easy but I can reasonably explain the client. I also don't want to install extra software into my PC.

Soonthon Lupkitaro
Collapse

Caroline Rösler
Caroline Rösler  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 09:16
English to German
+ ...
Count Anything - Great tool for counting powerpoint presentations with hidden text boxes Mar 21, 2018

Thank you Ryan for this tool. It worked fine for me, as all other options did not help for Powerpoint 2013 in my case. I also find the asian character word count useful.

Kind regards,
Caroline Rösler

Ryan Ginstrom wrote:

glamoclija wrote:

I went to http://ginstrom.com/software/powerpoint2doc/ as suggested and downloaded the program, but I still do not know how to use it. I do not see the button nor in Power Point nor in Word for use of this word count. What am I missing? Thank you. Natasa - [email protected]

Late reply, but check Tools >> Toolbars and make sure that the toolbar is checked.

Another software utility that will count the words in PowerPoint files is CountAnything:
ginstrom.com/CountAnything/

Regards,
Ryan Ginstrom

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word count in Power Point

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »