Teresa Woischiski
Teresa Woischiski  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:17
English to German
+ ...
Jan 23, 2018

Dear colleagues,

an agency who works with the Plunet system has my invoice in the category "sent", since 6 days.
As long as it is not "invoice issued" status, the invoice doesnt count and is still in transit.

Now the agency does not respond anymore.
What can I do to put pressure on them? Anyone experienced this before?
I want my invoice issued so I get paid within the said time frame!

Thanks,

Teresa

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:17
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Rights and responsibilities Jan 23, 2018

Teresa Woischiski wrote:
an agency who works with the Plunet system has my invoice in the category "sent", since 6 days.
As long as it is not "invoice issued" status, the invoice doesnt count and is still in transit.

Now the agency does not respond anymore.
What can I do to put pressure on them? Anyone experienced this before?
I want my invoice issued so I get paid within the said time frame!

It's both the responsibility and the right of a supplier to present the client with an invoice for work performed and have it paid. It's all very nice and dandy if an agency provides you with an invoice that their system has prepared - saving you the hassle. But it's only nice if it's prepared correctly, it complies with your own tax legislation, and it gets issued when it should. Anything else and you need to default to your right. I advise you to send them an invoice of your own preparation and request (or demand, as and when required) their payment by the due date.

If they continue to ignore you and/or delay payment, please use the Blue Board to alert others to the difficulty of getting paid.

Nikki Scott-Despaigne
Nikki Scott-Despaigne  Identity Verified
French to English
Technical problems Jan 23, 2018

Some of these payment systems require some very tiny details to be present. If they are missing, or not quite correct, the invoice will not be processed. I only have a little bit of experience with these systems, but I would have thought that a technical hitch would generate an error message. Perhaps not. Perhaps the fact that the invoice is not being processed is an error message in itself?

Are you able to access the document and check the details against some reference document wi
... See more
Some of these payment systems require some very tiny details to be present. If they are missing, or not quite correct, the invoice will not be processed. I only have a little bit of experience with these systems, but I would have thought that a technical hitch would generate an error message. Perhaps not. Perhaps the fact that the invoice is not being processed is an error message in itself?

Are you able to access the document and check the details against some reference document without waiting for the agency to reply? If you have already submitted invoices via their system, it is strange that this one does not go through.

If not, Sheila's suggestion makes sense. However, it is a little worrying that you are not able to get a reply from the client.

[Edited at 2018-01-23 20:57 GMT]
Collapse

Teresa Woischiski
Teresa Woischiski  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jan 23, 2018

Dear all

Thanks a lot for your messages!
Today they changed the status to issued.
But still no personal message from Pms or Accounting.
I have had problems with this agency before regarding payment. Now, after a second try about 6 months later, I guess nothing has changed.
I also saw recently that they were banned from posting jobs on Proz in October after very bad reviews about payment handling.

I will no longer work for this agency.
I won
... See more
Dear all

Thanks a lot for your messages!
Today they changed the status to issued.
But still no personal message from Pms or Accounting.
I have had problems with this agency before regarding payment. Now, after a second try about 6 months later, I guess nothing has changed.
I also saw recently that they were banned from posting jobs on Proz in October after very bad reviews about payment handling.

I wonder how they survive still, it is disrespectful.
But I guess many translators acted like me, that is why.

I learned my lesson now.

Thanks again
Collapse

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:17
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
That is indeed how they stay in business Jan 23, 2018

Teresa Woischiski wrote:

I wonder how they survive still, it is disrespectful.
But I guess many translators acted like me, that is why.

I learned my lesson now.

There are an awful lot of translators who never check out potential clients - they're so chuffed at getting work they just forge ahead! I don't know what proportion of translators are like that but I'm afraid a lot end up here wondering what they can do to get paid. It's very sad as aying no to the bad payers has so many advantages over trying to get your money out of them.

I'm glad to hear that it's likely that there will be a happy ending this time and that you won't be risking a repeat .

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Invoice status on "sent" instead of "issued for invoicing" since too long

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »