Poland
Local time: 14:51
English to Polish
+ ...
Thanks Oct 6, 2017

Shouguang Cao wrote:

Wojciech_ wrote:

Hi,
I had to revert to 5.35, because one of the later versions didn't display DeepL results. I set DeepL in the setup window, but then it went back to Google and presented results from Google, Microsoft and Yandex.

Hi Wojciech,

The bug is fixed. It only affects Polish. I forgot to add Polish as a supported language to DeepL. Please update.

Dallas

Hi Shouguang,

Thanks, everything works as it should now Thank you for your fast response!

W

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:51
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
having problems with the shortcut: "Translate current segment in CAT". Oct 12, 2017

Hi Dallas,

I am all of a sudden having problems with the shortcut: "Translate current segment in CAT".

Am using the latest update, but the problem started in the previous version.

Shouguang Cao
Shouguang Cao  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 21:51
English to Chinese
+ ...
Which CAT Oct 13, 2017

Hi Michael,

What CAT are you using? and which version?

Can you download GT4T and try again?

Dallas

2017-10-04 3:29 GMT+08:00 Dallas Cao :
Hi Michael,

Even if you are OK with your old version, I would really recommend you to update to Version 5.41. Here are the goodies:

Query all MT engines at the same time (Shift+Ctrl+j) including Google, DeepL, Yandex, Microsoft.
Yes, GT4T supports DeepL and Yandex now, wi
... See more
Hi Michael,

Dallas

2017-10-04 3:29 GMT+08:00 Dallas Cao :
Hi Michael,

Even if you are OK with your old version, I would really recommend you to update to Version 5.41. Here are the goodies:

Query all MT engines at the same time (Shift+Ctrl+j) including Google, DeepL, Yandex, Microsoft.
Yes, GT4T supports DeepL and Yandex now, with DeepL's alternative translation feature (CTRL+Win+J).
Linguee is added to the dictionary feature (ctrl+D). Microsoft Terminology is working again.
It's easy to upgrade. Just left click on the GT4T icon at the right bottom corner and click 'check update'. If it's somehow not working, download and install again. There is no need to remove the old. It will be replaced.

Download here:

https://gt4t.net/

More about the update:

https://gt4t.net/en/query-all-mt-engines-simultaneously-with-version-5-40/

BTW, both GT4T and me are on facebook now.
Welcome to connect to me at facebook

Me: https://www.facebook.com/shouguang.cao

GT4T: https://www.facebook.com/GT4Translators/

Best regards,

Dallas

-------------

--
___

CopiPasta is CopyPaste with a memory. The CTRL+C and CTRL+V will remember and paste all that has been copied before. Check it out now!
Michael Joseph Wdowiak Beijer wrote:

Hi Dallas,

I am all of a sudden having problems with the shortcut: "Translate current segment in CAT".

Am using the latest update, but the problem started in the previous version.
Collapse

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
investigating Oct 13, 2017

Shouguang Cao wrote:

Hi Michael,

CafeTran, the latest version.

Just tried that. Still doesn't work. "Translate current segment in CAT" doesn't seem to work anymore. However, this might actually be because of something I changed in CafeTran. I am still investigating. To get around this problem I have temporarily just started starting all projects in CafeTran by copying also segments to target segments. When I come to a new segment, I just press Ctrl+A, and use the regular GT4T shortcut. If I can't get the "Translate current segment in CAT" shortcut to work anymore, I could also easily recreate it with AutoHotkey + the regular shortcut***.

Dallas

; DeepL: ctrl+j first selects all text and then runs regular GT4T shortcut set to DeepL

^j::
Send ^a
Sleep, 50
Send, ^k ; assigned to regular GT4T shortcut
return

[Edited at 2017-10-13 12:24 GMT]

Shouguang Cao
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
Add CafeTran Oct 13, 2017

Thanks Michael, I have added CafeTran support to GT4T.

[Edited at 2017-10-13 14:56 GMT]

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
I'm having 2 problems Oct 15, 2017

Hi Dallas,

I have 2 problems:

1. First of all, Simple Glossary is broken. Because I was having problems with GT4T in CafeTran, I actually uninstalled and reinstalled GT4T from scratch, with Revo Uninstaller, which removed every trace of GT4T from my PC, just in case. But the problems persist. Anyway, when I try to Sort the Simple Glossary, I get the following error:

can’t sort dictionary get this error

I am also getting the following error now, when I run Ctrl+D on a term, to look it up:

"A database error occured. SimpleGlossary may not work. Do you want to disable SimpleGlossary?"

2. I am now getting the following error when trying to use "Translate current segment in CAT":

"Error copying to clipboard. Contact support"

Michael

Shouguang Cao
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
Thanks Oct 16, 2017

Thanks Michael for reporting this.

1) This error occurs when you try to use the SimpleGlossary feature while Microsoft Excel is open. I will rewriting SimpleGlossary later this week. Using Microsoft's database solution is a mistake. I will write my own based on plain text csv.
2) This error seems occurs randomly and it seems there isn't much I can do. Try again it's likely to be OK.

Dallas

[Edited at 2017-10-16 01:47 GMT]

[Edited at 2017-10-16 02:55
... See more

1) This error occurs when you try to use the SimpleGlossary feature while Microsoft Excel is open. I will rewriting SimpleGlossary later this week. Using Microsoft's database solution is a mistake. I will write my own based on plain text csv.
2) This error seems occurs randomly and it seems there isn't much I can do. Try again it's likely to be OK.

Dallas

[Edited at 2017-10-16 02:55 GMT]
Collapse

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Thanks for the info! Oct 16, 2017

Shouguang Cao wrote:

Dallas

[Edited at 2017-10-16 02:55 GMT]

1. Oh, OK, will check in Process Explorer if Excel was open. However, I agree: CSV (delimited text files) is way better! That way, I can also edit in Ron's CSV Editor (https://www.ronsplace.eu/products/ronseditor )!
2. OK, I will wait and see.

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
strange little problem Oct 16, 2017

Any segment with one of these: "
...will not work with DeepL in GT4T. Can you change it so GT4T works (with DeepL) with segments like this?

If I change the src text, by converting all:

" into: '

it works fine.

Michael

Shouguang Cao
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
Fixed!! Oct 17, 2017

Hi Michael,

DeepL with quotation marks bug: fixed!
SimGlossary crash bug: fixed! SimpleGlossary no longer relies on any database engine. It now uses a plain text file as the database.

And now you can pick MT engines to query simultaneously not having to use all of them.

I also added another MT, BAIDU. It does better jobs than google with my pair (English to Chinese). You can try it and let me know if it's decent with your pair (probably not as baidu m
... See more
Hi Michael,

SimGlossary crash bug: fixed! SimpleGlossary no longer relies on any database engine. It now uses a plain text file as the database.

And now you can pick MT engines to query simultaneously not having to use all of them.

I also added another MT, BAIDU. It does better jobs than google with my pair (English to Chinese). You can try it and let me know if it's decent with your pair (probably not as baidu mainly operates in China).

Thank you!

Dallas

...will not work with DeepL in GT4T. Can you change it so GT4T works (with DeepL) with segments like this?

it works fine.

Michael

[Edited at 2017-10-17 06:18 GMT]
Collapse

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
wow, thanks! Oct 17, 2017

Shouguang Cao wrote:

Hi Michael,

I also added another MT, BAIDU. It does better jobs than google with my pair (English to Chinese). You can try it and let me know if it's decent with your pair (probably not as baidu mainly operates in China).

Thank you!

Dallas

it works fine.

Michael

[Edited at 2017-10-17 06:18 GMT]

I'm looking forward to trying all the new stuff this morning in my next job!

Michael

Shouguang Cao
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
GT4T SimpleGlossary Oct 19, 2017

Dear colleagues,

I am excited about how useful GT4T's SimpleGlossary is to myself. It's a Glossary or TM search tool made by a translator (me) and for translators.

I have a client that sends me Excel files. Very often the file will mix up huge amount of past translation with some new lines to translate. "Translate the highlighted parts and maintain consistency," my client would say.

It bugged me for years. To maintain consistency, I have to search the past
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I am excited about how useful GT4T's SimpleGlossary is to myself. It's a Glossary or TM search tool made by a translator (me) and for translators.

I have a client that sends me Excel files. Very often the file will mix up huge amount of past translation with some new lines to translate. "Translate the highlighted parts and maintain consistency," my client would say.

It bugged me for years. To maintain consistency, I have to search the past translation often. Excel search is really really horrible, it doesn't even highlight the searched term. And When I search I have to leave where I am translating, and return later...

Now with SimpleGlossary you just need to the source and target column to GT4T's plain text glossary file and then highlight a term and press ctrl+d. The matches from past translation will be listed out in a pop-up:

When the pop-up is on, click 'see all matches' will open the matches in a browser window with the searched term being highlighted.
Collapse

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Local time: 14:51
Did my message get Across? Oct 23, 2017

Greetings, Dallas!

Did you see this posting?

https://www.proz.com/forum/across_support/319883-gt4t_and_across.html

Shouguang Cao
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
'Fix MT results with your own glossary!' Oct 24, 2017

Hi friends,

Here is something that is truly amazing. When your MT consistently go wrong with certain terms GT4T can have them fixed using your own glossary!

"Fix MT with glossary" now has three options:
Pre-translate: replace source text with Glossary and THEN submit to MT.
Post-translate: mark terms as non-translatables and then submit to MT. Then replace the MT results with Glossary.
Fragmentation: since DeepL sometimes ruin my non-translatable marke
... See more
Hi friends,

Here is something that is truly amazing. When your MT consistently go wrong with certain terms GT4T can have them fixed using your own glossary!

"Fix MT with glossary" now has three options:
Pre-translate: replace source text with Glossary and THEN submit to MT.
Post-translate: mark terms as non-translatables and then submit to MT. Then replace the MT results with Glossary.
Fragmentation: since DeepL sometimes ruin my non-translatable markers (Google seems fine), I break source text into fragments at Glossary matches and send fragments to MT and then put results together.

For example,
I know a [Pekingese] that can actually push a toy car.

If 'Pekingese' is in the Glossary, the source sentence will be broken into two parts, and sent to MT separately. Then I will do
The MT translation of "I know a" + Glossary match of "Pekingese" + MT translation of "that can actually push a toy car."
As you can imagine, Fragmentation will downgrade the MT quality, especially for the neural engine, but it's the most reliable with regard to the purpose: fix Mt with glossary.

Here is what Michael Beijer says about this feature:

https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/6000051572/
Collapse

Heather Hayes
Heather Hayes
Ecuador
Local time: 08:51
Member (2015)
English to Spanish
+ ...
harm? Nov 14, 2017

I downloaded the free license and my computer says "this type of file can harm your computer."

Should I just ignore this warning? What is going on here?

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

GT4T

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »