Diana Llorente
Diana Llorente  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 11, 2017

Hello everyone,

For the last couple of months, when I try to add a term base in a project, the program freezes after I press "Add". It started happening after adding an Autosuggest dictionary (although it may not have anything to do, I removed it and nothing has changed).

Has anyone had this issue? I don't know how to solve it, it's a real problem. I haven't tried installing Studio again yet because I read that in other cases it didn't help, so I'd rather try any other
... See more
Hello everyone,

For the last couple of months, when I try to add a term base in a project, the program freezes after I press "Add". It started happening after adding an Autosuggest dictionary (although it may not have anything to do, I removed it and nothing has changed).

Has anyone had this issue? I don't know how to solve it, it's a real problem. I haven't tried installing Studio again yet because I read that in other cases it didn't help, so I'd rather try any other options, specially because if I reinstall it, I will lose my existing projects with termbases that I am using for my current clients.

I'm even considering upgrading to Studio 2017 just for this (!), but I don't know if it will work, the same thing may happen and, again, I will have then lost my projects.

If anyone has had this same issue and can help, please give me a hint! I'd be very grateful.

Diana
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2014 freezes when trying to add a term base

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »