Thread poster: Olivier Den Hartigh
Olivier Den Hartigh
Olivier Den Hartigh  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 00:00
English to French
Aug 3, 2017

Hi,

I have populated a specific tm with segments from a client's website and the alignment not being perfect, I would like to apply a 1% penalty on this tm (not on my main tm). Is this possible?
PS: I have not used the Trados alignment tool, but a third-party app and then import the tmx into my tm (I might have read it is possible to apply a penalty when you use Trados)
Regards,
Ollie

Rento
Rento
Japan
Batch Edit Function Aug 3, 2017

Could you not do a search for those segments in the TM and then edit the "Quality" field to apply a penalty?
I imagine the easiest way would be to use the "Batch Edit" function and input something such as the date the units were added as a condition and edit the field value for all of those units that are tagged.

sam@fr-uk
sam@fr-uk
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:00
French to English
Try this... Aug 3, 2017

Olivier Den Hartigh wrote:
I would like to apply a 1% penalty on this tm (not on my main tm). Is this possible?
Ollie

Hi Olivier,

First, go to File/Options/Language Pairs, then click on your language pair and select 'Translation Memory and Automated Translation'.

On the right, you’ll see a list of your TMs for that language pair.
Select the line containing your specific TM and enter ’1' under 'Penalty' (or adjust the percentage using the up/down arrows).

Hope that helps.

Olivier Den Hartigh
Olivier Den Hartigh  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 00:00
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Studio 2017 - Apply penalty on one specific TM Aug 3, 2017

Brilliant, Sam, been looking for this for ages, but always on the wrong place (going to the tms within the project settings instead). Can now apply a penalty on all unreliable tms. Thank you, Sam and you too, Rento

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2017 - Apply penalty on one specific TM

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »