Is it possible to buy a less updated version of Trados?
Thread poster: Paula Morrison
Paula Morrison
Paula Morrison  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:15
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 8, 2017

Hi all

I was thinking of buying the new Trados 2017 to refresh my skills with the software but the cost is quite high for the latest version.
I'm happy to pay the full price but I was wondering if there is a way to get Trados 2014 or 2015. If so, does anyone know how and where to get it from?
My idea is that once I get back on track, I would upgrade it.

Thanks for your help.

Paula

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 16:15
English to Thai
+ ...
Buy at SDL website Jun 8, 2017

Paula Morrison wrote:

Hi all

I was thinking of buying the new Trados 2017 to refresh my skills with the software but the cost is quite high for the latest version.
I'm happy to pay the full price but I was wondering if there is a way to get Trados 2014 or 2015. If so, does anyone know how and where to get it from?

Thanks for your help.

Paula

Previous versions of Trados is sufficient. Go to SDL website and buy them online.

Dr. Soonthon Lupkitaro Ph.D.
Bangkok

Jeff Whittaker
Jeff Whittaker  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:15
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
What version do you currently have? Jun 8, 2017

I updated from Studio 2011 to Studio 2017 for around $200.00. Contract Trados to see if they are still offering any special discounts.

Paula Morrison wrote:

Hi all

Thanks for your help.

Paula

[Edited at 2017-06-08 13:48 GMT]

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 10:15
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
The demo is 30 days Jun 8, 2017

Paula Morrison wrote:

The demo is 30 days. Try it out to see if you like it:
http://www.sdltrados.com/products/trados-studio/free-trial.html

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.) wrote:
Previous versions of Trados is sufficient. Go to SDL website and buy them online.

Can you give us a direct URL, or a description of how to get to the page where one can buy previous versions of Trados? As far as I know, you can only buy 2017 (and the "plus" version, which is what anyone would want, is between EUR 600 and EUR 1000, depending on the month in which you buy it).

[Edited at 2017-06-08 18:22 GMT]

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Try a ProZ Group Buy Jun 8, 2017

Paula Morrison wrote:

If you participate in a group buy on the ProZ web site (you probably have to search for it to find the proper place) you should get a substantial saving. 40% is not uncommon. Of course, Trados Studio is not the only CAT tool you can purchase this way with a substantial saving. I have done this with both Studio 2015 and memoQ 8.1.

Roy

[Edited at 2017-06-08 18:43 GMT]

Andriy Rizanenko

Enrico C - ECLC
Enrico C - ECLC  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 17:15
English to Italian
+ ...
What about 2017 on Group Buy? Jun 9, 2017

Hi Paula,

There is an offer on Proz Group Buy. Perhaps it's a better way to go.

http://www.proz.com/tgb/1109

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Features by version Jun 9, 2017

Paula Morrison wrote:

I'm happy to pay the full price but I was wondering if there is a way to get Trados 2014 or 2015.

I'm wondering why you'd want to buy an old version?
All the basic features are present in all versions, but the newer ones have extra features, which you can learn little by little.

You might be interested in a list I compiled of the features that have been introduced, by version:
https://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2016/10/10/studio-features-by-version/

Chié_JP
Chié_JP
Japan
Local time: 18:15
Member (2013)
English to Japanese
+ ...
Looking for store Apr 9, 2018

but no longer 2015 vending page?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it possible to buy a less updated version of Trados?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »