Manuella Lange
Belgium
Local time: 21:44
Member (2015)
Dutch to French
+ ...
Aug 22, 2017

Hi,

I have a large file in a word document for a translation in parts. Therefore I need to divide the file in equal parts. Is there any software or procedure in MS Word that can do that automatically ?

I know that I can make x copies of the masterfile and then do the sorting out myself (crtl+B) plus suppression of the non needed texts but I find this cumbersome and subject to mistakes. So if there would be an "automatic" solution that is proven I am sure that a lot of u
... See more
Hi,

I have a large file in a word document for a translation in parts. Therefore I need to divide the file in equal parts. Is there any software or procedure in MS Word that can do that automatically ?

I know that I can make x copies of the masterfile and then do the sorting out myself (crtl+B) plus suppression of the non needed texts but I find this cumbersome and subject to mistakes. So if there would be an "automatic" solution that is proven I am sure that a lot of us will enjoy it.

Thanks in advance for your reply. Manuella
Collapse

Tony M
Tony M
France
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Older versions of word USED to have... Aug 22, 2017

...such a feature, for splitting a document (and then reassembling it later!); there is also the 'master document' function which may be what you need; however, I don't know if these same functions are still available in Word 2016?

If you are splitting it for different people to translate, do perhaps consider how useful it is for a translator to be able to see the WHOLE document, for wider context and sometimes explanations; when I am asked to translate part of a larger docum
... See more
...such a feature, for splitting a document (and then reassembling it later!); there is also the 'master document' function which may be what you need; however, I don't know if these same functions are still available in Word 2016?

If you are splitting it for different people to translate, do perhaps consider how useful it is for a translator to be able to see the WHOLE document, for wider context and sometimes explanations; when I am asked to translate part of a larger document, i awlays insist on this as a sine qua non.
Collapse

Tony M
Tony M
France
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
There are also file split / merge utilities Aug 22, 2017

I don't know if one of these might help you? They are really intended for splitting very large files into smaller chunks, but would probably do what you need — except for the fact that of course splitting at file level will mean that the position of the splits at document level may be quite arbitrary.

Abdullah Yetim
Abdullah Yetim  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:44
English to Turkish
+ ...
Online Word Split Aug 22, 2017

Hello,

this program can be used to split word doc

http://www.docsoso.com/word/word-split.aspx

Hope This Helps

A. Sercan

Manuella Lange
Manuella Lange
Belgium
Member (2015)
Dutch to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you so much ! Aug 23, 2017

A. Sercan wrote:

Hello,

this program can be used to split word doc

http://www.docsoso.com/word/word-split.aspx

Hope This Helps

A. Sercan

This program works like a charm. This is exactly what I was looking for.Thank you so much, Manuella

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Split of 70.000 words in a word 2016 file - Diviser fichier word

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »